New Feneix Siren???

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Just browsing the around out of boredom and I stumbled upon this on the products page and was curious as to this being a replacement siren for the olympian siren that had such high failure rates... anyone care to discuss this.

fnx.png

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
you are so slow... lol We've discussed that and the fact that it is also in their product videos. Feniex is HEAVILY testing the siren/light controller.

It's apparent they have learned from the past and are trying their best not to repeat their mistakes.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
They must have just changed that photo last night. I was on there tr day before and it was still the Olympian

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
FEVER said:
you are so slow... lol We've discussed that and the fact that it is also in their product videos. Feniex is HEAVILY testing the siren/light controller.

It's apparent they have learned from the past and are trying their best not to repeat their mistakes.

Then I'd recommend they don't use the Chinese-toy-police-car sirens they had on the Olympian...

EDIT: @ OP...When the item you're discussing is called a "siren", it belongs in the Audible Warning Discussions sub-forum. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiJeff

Oct 17, 2012
Miami, FL
After having the Feniex Olympian siren/controller in my vic currently.. I highly doubt I will try another one of Feniex's siren / light controllers...not really impressed with mine and with all the reported problems (Although I have not had that many.. but mine does have a mind of its own on occasion which really is annoying and sux badly)... When I swap out my Feniex Olympian I am really considering the next one will be to Whelen or FS .. or even Ronton.. I think I am done with Feniex.. not really pleased .. :no:

Nov 7, 2011
New England
MiamiJeff said:
After having the Feniex Olympian siren/controller in my vic currently.. I highly doubt I will try another one of Feniex's siren / light controllers...not really impressed with mine and with all the reported problems (Although I have not had that many.. but mine does have a mind of its own on occasion which really is annoying and sux badly)... When I swap out my Feniex Olympian I am really considering the next one will be to Whelen or FS .. or even Ronton.. I think I am done with Feniex.. not really pleased .. :no:

I am looking forward to seeing how the new siren does with the test of time when it is released. I love feniex lights, but I have an ss2000 in my personal vehicle and love it. You cant go wrong with fed sig or whelen for a controller/siren application. DON'T GIVE UP ON FENIEX because the olympian sucked tho!!! :thumbsup:

MiamiJeff

Oct 17, 2012
Miami, FL
jcpse said:
I am looking forward to seeing how the new siren does with the test of time when it is released. I love feniex lights, but I have an ss2000 in my personal vehicle and love it. You cant go wrong with fed sig or whelen for a controller/siren application. DON'T GIVE UP ON FENIEX because the olympian sucked tho!!! :thumbsup:

I cant comment on their lights as I do not have any of theirs.. but they look good and I'll take your word they work well and do the job !

But I am really disappointed in the Olympian I have.. just very cautious to jump back in with another one of Feniex's products after wasting my money on the current one I have..

There is a saying .."you dont have to hit me in the head twice with a hammer since it already hurt the first time" .. :bonk:

Nov 7, 2011
New England
MiamiJeff said:
I cant comment on their lights as I do not have any of theirs.. but they look good and I'll take your word they work well and do the job !

But I am really disappointed in the Olympian I have.. just very cautious to jump back in with another one of Feniex's products after wasting my money on the current one I have..

There is a saying .."you dont have to hit me in the head twice with a hammer since it already hurt the first time" .. :bonk:

I hear ya. they know they bit the big one with the olympian. Like I said, before I purchased this siren unit I would want to do my own torture test and see how it holds up in busy department's cruisers for a while before I bought one for myself ( but im not going to because I already have a siren). Their LEDs though... :cool:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
While I understand the concern that everyone has with a Feniex siren. I really do have faith that they will not repeat their mistakes. I completely believe that they will do what they need to in order to insure that this siren is correct. I think that is why they have not released it yet.

I am completely in love with my Soundoff 380r, however; if i can afford too I will yank it out of my patrol car and put it in the Feniex Siren controller as soon as it is available so I can put it through a torture test. I have over 40 light heads on my patrol car AND i run lights and sirens for an average of over 2.5 hours a shift. That shoudl be plenty of time to find the kinks if it has some.

After having a Rontan winglux, I'll probably never try their sirens. That thing is worse than the stupid code3 2100 lightbar I had. I will Stick with SOS Sirens and maybe venture into D & R for their sirens as they seem to be pretty nice.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
It's funny how much it resembles a Rontan Siren. :undecided:

MiamiJeff

Oct 17, 2012
Miami, FL
Since commenting in my previous posts above...Today my Strobes just went on by themselves on my Olympian.. without even pushing a button .. as I noticed them flickering on the guys bumper in front of me today .. :duh: was wondering why people were getting out of my way quickly.. :bonk: .. I think its time to get a new siren / controller .. :yes:

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN

Teaser vid on youtube... shows posted on the 23rd.
Looks like you can do an app based controller as well. Cant tell much from the vid about a physical controller though. Makes me wonder...

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
slated for second quarter of the year.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.