NEW Feniex T-6 (discussion thread)

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
tom said:
Which is nothing. Had I not called and asked why the option for red/clear T4s had been removed from the site, I would not have known about any new lights. Same with the new rocker lights (which I still don't have dealer pricing on).

The only thing I can think of is that they don't have enough in stock yet. Either way, in my opinion the dealers should be notified when a new product is being developed so they can begin to promote the new products and at the very least be somewhat informed.

Between the lack of information on new products, not being told when something is out of stock/has a lead time, etc, I'm beginning to get very aggravated. Communication has to improve.

They said new price guide won't be out til New Years at earliest. But they will give you a quote on anything you ask for. I got an explanation on pricing for the cobras if someone wants they can pm me about it. I also have price on the rocker lights. All I can say is they are around the HG2 price. The communication is a joke more or less. If I didn't like the lights so much might drop. But I don't wanna get to crazy.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
:eek: :undecided: :cool: :duh: :dielaugh: :thumbsup:

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
tom said:
Just saw another dealer post a video of the new cobra dash light on YouTube. From a dealer's prospective, it's discouraging to see that some dealers are more well informed than others.

This x1000! Very frustrating. :mad: The other frustrating thing is dealers that refuse to follow MAP... when I bust out dealers that are cheating the system, Feniex does nothing to enforce it.

We just received 6 T-6's today ... they were supposed to be T-4's, but apparently, they were upgraded? I have brackets for a T-4... so this should be interesting.

Here is a photo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=552599528101928&set=a.428518667176682.112672.134321163263102&type=1&theater

I still have no pricing or information, and the installation guide that came with it has the 4 wire installation (Red/Black/White/Yellow) but the T-6 only has Red/Black/Blue now... with an inline fuse? on the red wire.

I'll post a video... but I have a bunch of presents to wrap! Merry Christmas, everyone.

Matt Swaney, Owner

SirenWorld.com

photo 2 (1).jpg

photo 1 (1).jpg

brooks

May 27, 2010
Queens New York
as an installer i think that inline fuse is going to be very annoying in looming of the wires....i have never seen any other light-heads that have a inline fuse in the power line going to the light head :bonk:

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
kenton1979 said:
... The solid color light heads have a resistor I assume in line with the red wire and the split color (red/blue) do not have it...

There was speculation that it was some type of resistor. I initially thought it was a fuse (before I read the referenced post), but it makes no sense that solid colored heads come with it, and split color heads don't.

One way or another, that is going to make installations a bit more tricky. If it was a fuse, I'd just cut it off during installation.

EDIT: Having looked closer at the most recent pics posted in this thread, there is one on the Red/Blue head... so maybe this was an after thought and the comments above were about an earlier production lighthead that didn't have it? Too many questions, not enough answers.

Jman423 said:
There was speculation that it was some type of resistor. I initially thought it was a fuse (before I read the referenced post), but it makes no sense that solid colored heads come with it, and split color heads don't.

One way or another, that is going to make installations a bit more tricky. If it was a fuse, I'd just cut it off during installation.

EDIT: Having looked closer at the most recent pics posted in this thread, there is one on the Red/Blue head... so maybe this was an after thought and the comments above were about an earlier production lighthead that didn't have it? Too many questions, not enough answers.

Both my pic an the one just posted (blue/blue) Are solids. I assure you the red blue I have (x8) have NO resistor. I will cut it open weds and take a glance. The red blue light wire is tightly twisted. Also note how it has a warning on the last line of the label about a power chip

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
SireLite said:
It seems a bit silly to have that there. As we all know the people light to shorten the length of lighthead wires to fit their needs.

Maybe its there to stop interference being caused like on the previous T4 line.

PM me if you have any questions for me to answer.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
I find feniex designs very interesting, but I was wondering how long is that resistor going to last due to voltage spikes? If it burns out during use, what's the prevent the light head from burning out?

It was mentioned that a component on the light head was adjusted to better work with external flashers. Because there is such a small heat sink, has steady burn been modified? Does it start out bright and then dim like most other light heads capable of steady burn? Or does it just start out dimmer than full brightness?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
kenton1979 said:
...The solid color light heads have a resistor I assume in line with the red wire and the split color (red/blue) do not have it. ...

kenton1979 said:
...I assure you the red blue I have (x8) all have the resistor...

OK, these conflicting statements are a bit confusing.

Also, I obviously misread that label when I edited my last post... I thought it said Red/Blue, but I didn't look close enough to see that it said Blue/Blue.

If these things are there for the reasons Feniex stated, then it would only make sense to have them on all variations of the product.

Jman423 said:
OK, these conflicting statements are a bit confusing.

Also, I obviously misread that label when I edited my last post... I thought it said Red/Blue, but I didn't look close enough to see that it said Blue/Blue.

If these things are there for the reasons Feniex stated, then it would only make sense to have them on all variations of the product.

Well crap, they do NOT have the resistor in the RED/BLUE. Sorry.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
So, how big of a hole do you have to drill to get that resistor through?

The T-6, buying or selling...I will not. :puke:

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Sirenworld is offering the T6 at T4 prices until the new price lists come out. Yes, I have permission... unlike the dealer selling the Pegasus for $489 after it seems multiple companies report the MAP violation. :mad:

Feniex Cobra T6 LED Warning Light

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
SirenWorld.com said:
Sirenworld is offering the T6 at T4 prices until the new price lists come out. Yes, I have permission... unlike the dealer selling the Pegasus for $489 after it seems multiple companies report the MAP violation. :mad:

:eek:

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
SirenWorld.com said:

The review is from last year. It's probably from a totally different lighthead.

FyrFighter2299 | 1 reviews

11/16/2011

I can't even describe how bright these lights are. I replaced the cheap heads from Galls with these, and I'll never buy another cheap 1W head again!! My only complaint is now EVERYTHING else on my car looks DIM in comparison!!

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
Recieved mine last night review to follow shortly

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
SireLite said:
The review is from last year. It's probably from a totally different lighthead.

FyrFighter2299 | 1 reviews

11/16/2011

I can't even describe how bright these lights are. I replaced the cheap heads from Galls with these, and I'll never buy another cheap 1W head again!! My only complaint is now EVERYTHING else on my car looks DIM in comparison!!

We recycled the product listing from the T-4 since we were lacking a lot of information initially from Feniex on the T6. That's a review for a T-4 light which was attached to the listing number rather than the unique product.

fier23

Feb 26, 2012
Kansas City MO
Well after waiting over 2 months due to an email stating the T-4's were no longer being made and they were sending me the T-6 modules I just received a pair of T-4's!!!!! I had to buy a customer Whelen Linz6's due to this BS only to get shipped a pair they said was no longer produced! Think I'm going to get with a whelen rep and deal with a company that can meet my needs instead of one that china shipping time can beat by 2 weeks!!

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
fier23 said:
Well after waiting over 2 months due to an email stating the T-4's were no longer being made and they were sending me the T-6 modules I just received a pair of T-4's!!!!! I had to buy a customer Whelen Linz6's due to this BS only to get shipped a pair they said was no longer produced! Think I'm going to get with a whelen rep and deal with a company that can meet my needs instead of one that china shipping time can beat by 2 weeks!!

Yeah, you go man! Wait until you have to wait 8 weeks for something from Whelen. Hopefully you can find a distributor to deal with that stocks things and will give you competitive pricing. Wait, did I say competitive pricing....OMG... :dielaugh:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Bright, but I HATE that mounting location as the only means of side warning. Supplemental side warning, sure.

Also, I've never heard it called a smooth top before...

Finally, any installers have hands on experience with these yet? I'm really curious about how that inline resistor affects mounting and wiring.

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
foxtrot5 said:
Bright, but I HATE that mounting location as the only means of side warning. Supplemental side warning, sure.

Also, I've never heard it called a smooth top before...

Finally, any installers have hands on experience with these yet? I'm really curious about how that inline resistor affects mounting and wiring.

I also noticed "smooth top" to be a little off... Also on the fact of people buying T-4's and getting T-6's especially when you buy T-4 brackets expecting to get the T-4 you bought like the guy a few posts back did is just downright "dumb" for Feniex because it's opening themselves up to all sorts of small claims court cases!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
scruffythewild said:
I also noticed "smooth top" to be a little off... Also on the fact of people buying T-4's and getting T-6's especially when you buy T-4 brackets expecting to get the T-4 you bought like the guy a few posts back did is just downright "dumb" for Feniex because it's opening themselves up to all sorts of small claims court cases!

small claim court cases? :hahano:has anyone tried returning the t4 bracket to their feniex distributor and reordering the t6 bracket? The t4 brackets still work on the bars.

I dunno... just me but if I sold a t4 bracket to one of my customers and then sent them a t6. I would be more than willing to make the exchange for that customer.

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
FEVER said:
small claim court cases? :hahano:has anyone tried returning the t4 bracket to their feniex distributor and reordering the t6 bracket? The t4 brackets still work on the bars.

I dunno... just me but if I sold a t4 bracket to one of my customers and then sent them a t6. I would be more than willing to make the exchange for that customer.

Not just with the bracket's though. But with dealers getting knowledge that some dealers dont have or the countless times people report other dealers to Feniex for price violations and nothing is done. Everything is so poorly managed, its only a matter of time..-Rob

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
scruffythewild said:
Not just with the bracket's though. But with dealers getting knowledge that some dealers dont have or the countless times people report other dealers to Feniex for price violations and nothing is done. Everything is so poorly managed, its only a matter of time..-Rob

The issues were some dealers actually called Feniex to bug them about information. Those are the dealers that "leaked" information ahead of time. The information was available for most if they called their rep.

The issue at hand was some dealers posting rumors heard from others instead of actual facts or hearing it for themselves. Feniex has been slow in enforcing some MAP issues with some dealers but they have been addressed. If there are dealers out there not happy with Feniex maybe they should drop them? I've had success with their products and quality communication from my representative.

I'm not sure how even that opens them up to small claims. But then again you people tend to have a sue first mentality if this is what popped into your head. That is one many things wrong with this country. I don't want to go on a "defense of Feniex" rant in this thread because I know they are far from perfect but the ludicrous idea of small claims makes me :duh:

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
FEVER said:
The issues were some dealers actually called Feniex to bug them about information. Those are the dealers that "leaked" information ahead of time. The information was available for most if they called their rep.

The issue at hand was some dealers posting rumors heard from others instead of actual facts or hearing it for themselves. Feniex has been slow in enforcing some MAP issues with some dealers but they have been addressed. If there are dealers out there not happy with Feniex maybe they should drop them? I've had success with their products and quality communication from my representative.

I'm not sure how even that opens them up to small claims. But then again you people tend to have a sue first mentality if this is what popped into your head. That is one many things wrong with this country. I don't want to go on a defense of feniex rant in this thread because I know they are far from perfect but the ludicrous idea of small claimes makes me :duh:

Trust me, I don't care how they handle things as I am not a dealer just a consumer. I am a fan of Feniex and anxiously waiting for the rest of the new lines to be released in full. Ok, maybe the small claims court is a little far fetched but I am just saying from what has been said in this thread that alot of dealers have some sort of issue with Feniex and I wouldn't be surprised if dealers start to "rebel" against Feniex as the person on the first post of this page wants to do.- Rob

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Wait until you all see the Cobra T-6 Dual.... :woot:

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
strobecrazy said:
As in dual color? If so sounds sweet.

Nope, not dual color...I was disappointed as well. This is the ultimate in un-innovation. Taking two lights and gluing them together is not as big enough an accomplishment as Feniex might think.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
EMT-BLS said:
Nope, not dual color...I was disappointed as well. This is the ultimate in un-innovation. Taking two lights and gluing them together is not as big enough an accomplishment as Feniex might think.

I would not count them out of the dual color market either, however; the dual t-6 will have a substantial footprint.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
FEVER said:
I would not count them out of the dual color market either, however; the dual t-6 will have a substantial footprint.

Of course it will...If I stack 8 Whelen M9 series, wouldn't it have a bigger footprint? At least make the light one big light, with two layers of LED's. They didn't even bother with that, they just stacked two on top each other and called it a dual.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
EMT-BLS said:
Of course it will...If I stack 8 Whelen M9 series, wouldn't it have a bigger footprint? At least make the light one big light, with two layers of LED's. They didn't even bother with that, they just stacked two on top each other and called it a dual.

i actually like this idea because interchangeability and various color combinations/setups will be available. This was why my car was left undone in anticipation of doing this. Yeah I could have double stacked regular T-6's but this looked a little cleaner to me. This is no different than the double stacked axixtech MS6's.

I wasn't claiming that this was cutting edge, but it is a nice new tool for installers and makes their jobs that much easier.

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
EMT-BLS said:

EMT,

You don't really think this was an all out new product do you? It was a quick 30 min design that was need to complete the Cobra line. In fact it should of been completed 2 years ago. A double flange is as "un-innovation" as it gets, but it was needed.

True innovation soon to come!

-Gary

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Feniex said:
EMT,

You don't really think this was an all out new product do you? It was a quick 30 min design that was need to complete the Cobra line. In fact it should of been completed 2 years ago. A double flange is as "un-innovation" as it gets, but it was needed.

True innovation soon to come!

-Gary

My point exactly... IMHO, this is barely worth releasing...just quietly add it as an option to the standard T6.

As far as future innovations: If you guys don't release the 4200 soon....

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
So I recieved two of these to install. The "L" brackets that come with them doesnt have a hole big enough to fit the strange red mystery box thing through it. So you have to cut it off and splice it back on. Im assuming that it is a resistor as it gets pretty hot while running. Can anyone confirm what this thing is and if it is required to run these.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
It is a resistor. I usually drill out the bracket rather than cut the wire. If informed feniex of this issue

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.