New Guy from South East Texas.

Kelly

Nov 7, 2015
Bridge City, Tx
Hi everyone. Vol FF from Texas. New to this site and any forum for that matter. I am a Probi with my local FD. Jan 1st I'll be done and a full member. I am new to civilian fire fighting. Trained in naval shipboard (US Navy) and refinery fire fighting (A&M). Also use to be a rescue technician. I'm 31, married with 4 kids (6,4,1 1/2 and 7 months). I love serving my community more than anything else besides God and Family. I have a great career at a chemical refinery as a process operator. I joined eLB for advise on future purchases and advice in general. I have read many different forums and finally decided it was time to join. I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado which I hope to outfit with a very discreet lighting and siren system. I am very non electrical savy and have a guy at the FD who will install all of my equipment when and if I buy any. Thanks in advance. God Bless. 

Reactions: Tony P

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Welcome, fellow Texan!

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Welcome, fellow Texan!

Welcome (from a former Texan). You should enjoy the forum, I know I do. There is a wealth of knowledge available and excellent fellowship among the members.

My only thought to add is to be sure you stay with the job you have. Do not let let [redacted] entice you away with flowery language and promises of grandiose rewards. [redacted] [redacted] is a minimum wage sweatshop located not far from you which produces products of questionable purpose.   

Footnote: "Redact" - a verb meaning to "edit" (or in this case to "conceal classified material")

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
huh.jpg

Redacted?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Kelly, welcome to ELB.

I have a question for you. You are a young man with a great wife and 4 kids.

You have a full time job and vollie at the FD.

WHEN THE HELL DO YOU SLEEP   :fangirl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.