New job for this guy

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
So after 3 months of unemployment except a part time job at the race track, I finally start a full time job at Commercial Safety Services in Landover MD. My first day I will be working on my own squad that's there to have new front and side bars and scene lights I'm very excited to have a full time upfitter job. Any tips from the professionals would be great.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Apparently I can't run a mile in 10min and I will be doing complete installs, repairs, and trouble shooting any issues customers will have and once I get established I will be in a truck doing mobile installs

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
mdlighting said:
Apparently I can't run a mile in 10min ...

If they put a hungry cougar behind you? Hmmm, that might be a concession they were unwilling to make. :hopeless:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
mdlighting said:
So after 3 months of unemployment except a part time job at the race track, I finally start a full time job at Commercial Safety Services in Landover MD. My first day I will be working on my own squad that's there to have new front and side bars and scene lights I'm very excited to have a full time upfitter job. Any tips from the professionals would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv7w1NqQ9_Q

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
JazzDad said:
If they put a hungry cougar behind you? Hmmm, that might be a concession they were unwilling to make. :hopeless:

For a large percentage of the membership of this forum, a hungry cougar might not be quite the motivator you're looking for...

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
tvsjr said:
For a large percentage of the membership of this forum, a hungry cougar might not be quite the motivator you're looking for...

Think three Bs.

Blinkies

Bacon

Boobs

(reference: The Ring)

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
foxtrot5 said:
Think three Bs.

Blinkies

Bacon

Boobs

(reference: The Ring)

There is a 4th B Beer

Ill run for good Beer not crap beer though.

Then again I only run if someone is chaseing me and I can't shoot back

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
mdlighting said:

Congrats on the new job

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
DLuccia said:
There is a 4th B Beer
Ill run for good Beer not crap beer though.

Then again I only run if someone is chaseing me and I can't shoot back

make it "booze" in general... I hate beer.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Y'all are weird anywho my first day we did a dodge charger today we finished it and installed 2 of the light bars on the squad

image-1861659593.jpg

image-3421454087.jpg

image-96242177.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
Just a thought, but it might not be the greatest idea to identify the customer (especially a rather sensitive federal customer) and show the license plate.

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
mdlighting said:
Maybe but if you run the tags they won't come back to them sneaky government ways lol

That's kind of the point... if they're going to expend the effort to build an unmarked car and install covered tags, they probably don't want their installer saying "look at this car, it belongs to XXX!"

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
mdlighting said:

Congrats on the new job. Spencer hooked me up with Commercial, and I did a few shots of the more covert PGFD FMs vehicles (well, Scott's Tahoe, anyway...)

Nice place and some very talented people.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
tvsjr said:
Just a thought, but it might not be the greatest idea to identify the customer (especially a rather sensitive federal customer) and show the license plate.

mdlighting said:
Maybe but if you run the tags they won't come back to them sneaky government ways lol

The "fake" plates we had on our investigations vehicles just came back not on file when we ran them.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
They are not fake these are leased vehicles so the tags will not come back to NCIS anywho I really love doing this work especially working on my own squad

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
mdlighting said:
They are not fake these are leased vehicles so the tags will not come back to NCIS anywho I really love doing this work especially working on my own squad

And now we know whose they are... I'm glad to see someone found a job in this crap economy.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Speaking of fake plates. One night I had an officer request I run tags on a suspicious vehicle. The vehicle was parked on a side street in town that was normally VERY quiet, the officer lived on the street so he recognized that the vehicle did not belong. I ran the tags and was given a warning message that I had never seen before. About 20 seconds later the phone rings and it was an alphabet agency wanting to know who was running their unmarked unit's plates and why. Boy was that a fun night... not.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
foxtrot5 said:
Speaking of fake plates. One night I had an officer request I run tags on a suspicious vehicle. The vehicle was parked on a side street in town that was normally VERY quiet, the officer lived on the street so he recognized that the vehicle did not belong. I ran the tags and was given a warning message that I had never seen before. About 20 seconds later the phone rings and it was an alphabet agency wanting to know who was running their unmarked unit's plates and why. Boy was that a fun night... not.

We had a problem for a while with people running code for no reason, and impersonators. It was like 2am one morning, and one of the deputies saw an Impala running very minimal R/B lighting with civi plates. He gets behind him, I run the plates, come back not on file with DOR and some other query I've never seen (we usually have a response from DOR, MULES, NCIS, TAS, DWITS and caution indicators/IFS status if applicable), and this was none of these. He makes the stop and the driver jumps out flashes a badge, screams highway patrol, and drives off. We have the plate, a good desription, etc., so the deputy said place a stop and hold on the vehicle. So I sent a message over the state NCIS for stop and hold of a newer Impala, white in color, MO plate of XXXXXX etc, etc. Not even 5 minutes later (at 2 something in the am), we get a phone call from the Troop HQ and they stated we will cancel that stop and hold and give the deputy the phone number to the LT or whoever. Ended up being some high ranking MSHP Detective or something and the LT chewed the deputies ass and said the next time they say highway patrol, that that should be good enough. Very strange night. Secrect squirrel shit was going down for sure!

On another note, I'm assuming the IFS thing is national. Does anyone else know what it is? Most people seem very uneducated about that and it's a great way to get a felony arrest. (IFS-International Firearms Status, will come up disqualified, cleared, etc.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.