USA
The Bee Do had been used by JDI for over 10 years now. I tire of copycats. :(

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
JazzDad said:
The Bee Do had been used by JDI for over 10 years now. I tire of copycats. :(

FedSig is always several steps behind JDI.

Although... now this gives me two fed. sig products I woudl actually want to put on my patrol car. The eq2b and the minions. Wonder if any other companies will do it.

Still want the ecto though.

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
Federal Signal is actually serious about this? If you all want to know how this sounds, play this over you PA and see if you like it.

I'm sure one of you will make the 1st POV response video out of this too. Lol.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
I could've sworn I saw a video of someone that was making the Ecto-1 siren..... Soundoff maybe? It was a guy sitting at a work bench and he was attaching leads to a board but it really worked! Anyone else remember that?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
it was powercall... he's got the video on his facebook page but doesnt answer anymore questions about it.

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Wheels said:
Federal Signal is actually serious about this? If you all want to know how this sounds, play this over you PA and see if you like it.

challenge-accepted.jpg

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Many years ago when working a motorcycle race I started out onto the track and had just reached over and flipped the selector switch on the Federal Director allowing it land where it would. It hung between yelp and Alert (this was an older Director) and it put out a funky eeee-oooooh sound. The track announcer was also a local fireman and almost came out of the booth when the siren made that funky sound. Since I hadn't paid that much attention at the time, it took forever to figure out where the selector had landed to find that sound again.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
FEVER said:
FedSig is always several steps behind JDI.

Although... now this gives me two fed. sig products I woudl actually want to put on my patrol car. The eq2b and the minions. Wonder if any other companies will do it.

Still want the ecto though.

Federal got so used to being the leader for so many years that they've forgotten that they actually have competition. B&M has taken a big chunk out of their mechanical siren market.

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Wheels said:

Touché

http://youtu.be/ntEDhAzkI6o

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I think the ecto siren is copyrighted. So Federal is going to possible integrate a Vama tone that they already have...big deal. How about putting some real thought into siren tones and bringing out a Mechanical Double-Tone (Type 77) and a PA20 in-between tone? Responders would definitely buy that. Or course, we all know that Whelen could probably do it better, as they did with the ALPHA-Q. :yes:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
badge22 said:
I think the ecto siren is copyrighted. So Federal is going to possible integrate a Vama tone that they already have...big deal. How about putting some real thought into siren tones and bringing out a Mechanical Double-Tone (Type 77) and a PA20 in-between tone? Responders would definitely buy that. Or course, we all know that Whelen could probably do it better, as they did with the ALPHA-Q. :yes:

People laughed at me a few years ago when I suggested the possibility of an electronic Q-type siren. Look where things are now.

I'd love to see a true doubletone electronic myself.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.