NEW Tender/Pumper Pierce Arrow XT PG 2

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
philyumpshus said:
Colored lenses, even on the lightbar! :thumbsup:

After a talk with my buddy that was putting specs together he saw where I was coming from, now we have one other engine and our tower to get red lens to replace clears on the bars. Everything else on those two are red lens. Its a fire truck not a police car do not put clear lens on it is what I kept saying. :D :thumbsup:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Ahhh... fire engine lime green. Don't see many trucks in that colour any more.

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
Wailer said:
Ahhh... fire engine lime green. Don't see many trucks in that colour any more.

When new engine comes home I will take a pictures of our entire fleet to put in here as well. There will be a video as well of new truck with lights.

Nov 3, 2012
Tennessee
KC9QNN said:
After a talk with my buddy that was putting specs together he saw where I was coming from, now we have one other engine and our tower to get red lens to replace clears on the bars. Everything else on those two are red lens. Its a fire truck not a police car do not put clear lens on it is what I kept saying. :D :thumbsup:

Nice looking truck to begin with. Really admire what it's capable of doing. However, make sure the lens they put on there, if it's led are the same color! for the best in tesnse for it. :undecided:Will admit, can't decide if I'm jealous of how the pump is set up or not.

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
Well the truck is back home now, I will get more pictures and a video during the week, took it out for a drive yesterday rides amazing with the TAK4 suspension granted no water in the tank yet but still an amazing ride. Of course the Q got a work out in the park as it is our first truck to have a Q! (was a fight to get the Q spec'd into the truck but it made it......Along with AM/FM radio with weather bands....LOL)

4 person cab set up with a storage cabinet in the cab, Firecom headsets, Whelen lighting package, EDACS 800MHZ radio, and Kenwood VHF radio for MABAS calls to other counties, otherwise not much else in the cab of truck that is new. Whelen Pioneers rear, each side, Whelen strip light each side of cab and rear of truck for water level, and 3 cameras (rear and sides over dump chutes), and Whelen LINZ traffic director on rear.

Replacing this:

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_866old_zps7403c756.jpg

With this:

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2318_zps0019ead0.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2321_zps92a7da51.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2317_zps1e7ab8bc.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2319_zpsdbe36cb7.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2322_zpse5be3d4b.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2323_zps97e9ecf4.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2324_zps27f753c6.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2325_zpse76ac1e3.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2326_zps278795b9.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_CIMG2327_zps0637e4d6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
Finally a department that uses all red lenses! Too many trucks out there with all colored lens on lower lights and clear lightbar lens'.. drives me crazy!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Very nice truck! Can't wait to see interior pics and the vid.

The only thing I would've liked to have added would be a pair M9's to the rear (mid-level, paralled with the truck #) and an extra lighthead in front of each middle wheel. Best of luck to u guys

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
pdk9 said:
Very nice truck! Can't wait to see interior pics and the vid.
The only thing I would've liked to have added would be a pair M9's to the rear (mid-level, paralled with the truck #) and an extra lighthead in front of each middle wheel. Best of luck to u guys

I will try to get a video depends on my off days this week. It is also freezing cold out here right now, I am not leaving the house unless I have too I don't like the cold. So will get more pictures soon.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
If anyone can get a chance to go to Pierce and get a chance at a tour, take it. Very cool to get to see.

Looking at the pics I think I might like the look better with black wheels

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Eric1249 said:
If anyone can get a chance to go to Pierce and get a chance at a tour, take it. Very cool to get to see.

Looking at the pics I think I might like the look better with black wheels

Anything but the yellow rims! My department uses a lime green similar to Miami Dade and I can't stand 2 of the newer rigs that have painted yellowish green rims!!!! I'm simple and like the standard chrome look of truck wheels and, for some reason, apparatus look a lot older to me when they have painted yellow, red, etc wheels

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
pdk9 said:
Anything but the yellow rims! My department uses a lime green similar to Miami Dade and I can't stand 2 of the newer rigs that have painted yellowish green rims!!!! I'm simple and like the standard chrome look of truck wheels and, for some reason, apparatus look a lot older to me when they have painted yellow, red, etc wheels

I could not agree more. And they never come clean. You almost have to stay up on them 24/7 to make them look new.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
7d9_z28 said:
So then WTF is wrong with it being green? Same effect, same lights, same equipment...

If you want a fire truck to be red so bad, go buy a fire truck and paint it red. Otherwise, get over it :sadcry:

Some people prefer green fire trucks. Some people prefer Vitamin D milk vs. 2%. Some people prefer wheat bread over white bread.

I never said I had a problem with the color. You just commented on your rediculous statement.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Just out of curiosity, why did you only get a 750 gpm pump?

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
jprleedy4680 said:
I would think because it probably functions primarily as a tanker/troop carrier than an engine, but I concur; some's good, more's better!

There was the large fight over we should have just a straight tender (tanker) and didn't need a Engine/Tender combo. The cab only seats 4 people so not even really a troop carrier. Truck is pretty much set up to be operated by just the driver, chute controls are all located closer to driver but officer could use them as well. They wanted to keep it a I believe Class A Engine to keep ISO rating up and why give up an engine if you already have it for just a tanker. I will see if my friend that was on the committee for this truck will come in here and explain it better than I can......I just ride on the them. LOL

Aug 22, 2011
USA, Wisconsin
The engine is set up to operate as a mobile water source according to NFPA. Our department is in a transition of going from completly volunteer to paid on call with a full time fire chief and we service a hydrated area and also non hydrated. Lots of discussion over the use of this engine. We have 3 Class A pumpers currently and the old engine this one replaced was also a Class A. The thought with the 750 pump was incase we have staffing issues this engine can roll ahead of our normal second out in the non hydranted area with just an operator if nesissary and can supply the attack piece with 3000 gal of water rather than a 1000 witch is carried on the normal second out. Gives us a little more time to knock down the fire and allow time for mutual aid to arrive with more water.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Where I live the city FD has a Pierce Lance pumper that was purchased back in 1990. It is now a reserve unit and it is still in its original lime green colour even though the department switched to red and white in the early 2000s. It has a shorter body and a larger cab than the truck featured in this thread. The thing I really like about it is it has an early Federal PA300 siren with the slow rising wail tone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.