NGPI sedan trunk release button

DPDG

Aug 8, 2012
NH
We currently have 3 NGPI sedans in the fleet and have found an annoying feature. The interior trunk release button is active at all times, the ignition does not have to be on. We want to make it like the old CVPI, where the ignition has to be on. I found the following in the Ford Modifier's Manual:

Revise Trunk Release Function for Operation on Ignition Power

Disconnect inline trunk release connector located in driver side rear tail light

area. After 3-way (1 of the 3 pins used) disconnecting the inline connector, cover

the ends both connectors and secure them back to their respective harnesses.

Driver side tail light area connector 3-way connector w/1 circuit

I cannot make hide nor hair of what it is telling me. Can anyone decipher that into more understandable language, or even better, a photo of the connector I'm looking for and what to do with it?

Thanks for the help,

Greg

InstallDude

May 24, 2010
United States/Texas
From what I can see in the picture,on Fords Upfitter Guide,You are looking for a Grey Plug,with an Orange/Green wire.It should be located behind/under the taillight,between the taillight,and the Power Point.To change it from hot all the time,to ignition,you seperate the plug,tape over exposed ends,and tie back the ends to the harness the wire comes from.So plugged,it`s hot,unplugged,it`s ignition.

DPDG

Aug 8, 2012
NH
Found the connector plug, it is light gray with a single green/white stripe wire on both sides of the connector. The plug is located approximately level with the load floor, aft of the power point. Separate the plug and the switch works as desired. Thanks for the help.

-G

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.