Nice RCMP Slicktop CVPI

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The rear is a little busy, but other than that this is one of the better installs I've seen.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
10X better than most CVPI's I've seen...plenty of front/rear/side warning and no split fails!

(unfortunately, i think that side warning is something that most police dept.s don't put on their cruisers)

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I completely agree, that seems to be the theme around my area with patrol cars. Aside from the brand new cars my local PD just got and some FHP units, I don't think there is a single agency in this county that has side or intersection warning and it drives me nuts. All it takes is another $150 to have warning in a crucial area, but instead they choose to put HAWs in the reverse lights with a fully loaded Freedom. The worst thing is the SO's new K9 Tahoes have a fully loaded Freedom, a crappy unknown brand light in the fog lights, and both horizontal and vertical outer edges. You have a UFO like blinding blob of blue light from a truck with probably $4000 worth of lighting on it but you would have no idea it was an emergency vehicle if they were trying to bust an intersection and the lightbar was blocked. Makes no sense.

And don't even get me started on the local agency that thinks it's okay to have a slicktop patrol car whose only equipment is a Code 3 Supervisor, Slimlighter and a HLF/TLF. :duh:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
With that kind of lighting available, roof-mounted light bars may become a thing of the past.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmoore77

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.