NJ Red Light Permit, Leased vehicle

EMS7EMT

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
Hey Guys,

Not asking for an interpretation of the law as the verbiage is clear on the "owned by and registered in the name..." but wondering if anyone had tried to submit the NJ BLC-56 form for a leased vehicle and what the response was. 

I also read that certain areas says "attachment of lease agreement" , just wondering if DMV gave anyone a hard time. 

I just became captain at EMS squad and also happen to be leasing a new vehicle

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Shouldn't be a problem. For these purposes, leasing is as good as owning. I would check with the dealership you're leasing the vehicle from however. They may not like you using a lease as an EV.

Jun 26, 2010
Massachusetts
The Massachusetts registry requires a letter from the leasing company stating that they give permission for a blue or red light permit to be issued to their vehicle for which they hold the title.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.