November 11, Remembrance Day

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
It's coming up to that time of year again in Canada. Remembrance Day is Veterans' Day and Memorial Day all rolled into one for us. I will be marching in a Remembrance Day Parade again this year. I just wanted to post up a very powerful video that show people from other countries how patriotic Canada is, and how much they support the troops.

This video refers to the Highway of Heroes, the 172km section of Hwy 401 from Canadian Forces Base Trenton to Toronto, which the route every fallen soldier takes upon return to Canada for an autopsy. Regardless of the weather, or time of year, overpasses, on-ramps and side walks are crowded with military, veterans, emergency services and average people.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Beautiful. Ever since I was a young boy, the sound of Taps and/or Amazing Grace being piped has sent a chill down my spine a brought a tear to my eye. I think it is simply amazing to see the support offered to those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of their country.

I understand that it would be difficult to do here in the US, but the idea of a "Highway of Heroes" is very moving to me. Canada, I applaud you.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.