NYC Aerodynic bar. WOW what a deal!

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Pretty excited about the crazy deal I just got on a New York City Aerodynic bar. It is correct, complete and original. The guy selling it just thought it was a run of the mill old lightbar with "rear red brake lights" and "front amber alley lights" (His words). I couldn't believe it when I saw it. He only wanted 50.00 to get rid of it so he can clear out his shed! It needs a bit of TLC. On one side the lens needs the chrome strip on the top to hold the lenses together and there are a couple cracks in a couple of the clear sections. It works great and has the correct bulbs too. Pretty syked! Ill post some pics on Saturday.

001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
ERIC6913 said:
It must be the NYC season or something, lol. i just picked one up off craigslist to!

And here I live an hour from NYC and can't freakin' find one!!! :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
Zapp Brannigan said:
And here I live an hour from NYC and can't freakin' find one!!! :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

LOL. I got one a couple years ago down here in Florida for $100. Has all the mounting hardware and siren speaker. Guy said it came off a car that was totaled with only 1200 miles on it.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
$50 for an NYPD Aero:eek:? Dang, you did good, dude:thumbsup:!

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
CrownVic97 said:
$50 for an NYPD Aero:eek:? Dang, you did good, dude:thumbsup:!
Thank you. I can't agree more. Even with the small lens repair it needs, its still a great deal.

ERIC6913 said:
maybe you'll find a CTS out there and we can trade, lol!
The CTS is the second of the 2 holy grails in my world. The sad thing is I had one once a long time ago in red and blue, and sold it soon after I bought it (buyers remorse).

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Needs a bit of work, but for $50 you got a great deal on a 24-RMVF AeroTwin.

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Forgot to mention, he also threw in a 6V red TRIPP beacon! Just like this one.....

tripp.jpg

Jun 26, 2010
Massachusetts
I saw that on Craigslist and forgot all about it. Nice score. I remember when Galls was selling them on the back page of their catalog for $100. It had to be more than 20 years ago.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
When Galls first started they were an 8-12 staple-page color newsprint paper catalog selling only used emergency vehicle gear.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
I remember a 4-page Gall's b/w foldout selling used bars around the early 80's, I really thought I'd saved it as a collectible but haven't seen it for a long time. Was printed on kind of light canary yellow paper.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
massfirefighter said:
I saw that on Craigslist and forgot all about it. Nice score. I remember when Galls was selling them on the back page of their catalog for $100. It had to be more than 20 years ago.

i remember that too. they couldnt get rid of them fast enough. if you only knew.............

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
I just found mine in the trunk of a '72 Dodge my dad has lol

$50 is a great deal, and that ones nicer than mine was.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice Score..

I didn't know these were "rare" until I started visiting here.

I just like Aero's in general so $50 for any Aero if it works gets my vote!

Rob

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Been working on it. I hooked up power and ground and nothing happened. To make a long story short, it had a bad ground and bad flasher. Fixed the ground and it works great! 537 flasher on order. 1 red bulb blew after a minute of running. On the driver side dome it had 1 broken lens section, the top chrome lens strip missing and 1 missing end cap. Passenger side only had a broken end cap. At the time I didn't see any individual lens pieces available so I ended up ordering a new driver side complete dome and a new end cap. Don't know how it will look with a brand new dome and a used dome...... Since I ordered the new dome I found the used end caps, used lens section and used chrome strip. So I guess I will have a brand new dome in the box in stock. LOL. Once the new (used) lenses, bulb and flasher show up, Ill post more pics of it all together. Thanks for all the comments and thanks to the people that helped with the parts.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice,

I'll find me one of these eventually.

Just need patience... I've been finding everything else... lol

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Looks pretty darn good, Empire! :2thumbs:

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Empire,

What are you using as a power source for your light bars?

Thanks,

Steve

DalmatProd

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
DalmatProd said:
Empire,
What are you using as a power source for your light bars?

Thanks,

Steve

DalmatProd

Hi Steve. Just picked up the unit in the pic. Its a Schumacher instant power 950. Its designed to stay plugged in and automatically shut off when fully charged. That's what sold me on it. Hate having to plug something in and have to remember to unplug it later......

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.