NYC Traffic Officer Kalyanarat Ranasinghe

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
CHIEFOPS said:
By no means minimizing or diminishing his death but for clarification this was a civilian parking/traffic enforcement agent, not a sworn Police Officer.

Where I work, they have citation authority and are sworn in as officers of the court. Our animal control officers are also officers of the court, with citation authority. I apologize for any error in my wrongly posting his death here.

Edit: 6:20 PM, 12/03/13, CST - I retract my apology. Upon reflection, I believe my post to be appropriate here in this thread. I will also post LODD for on-duty deaths of animal control, emergency medical services, traffic control assistants, and anyone else I deem involved in an occupation / vocation providing emergency care or related services to the public and/or support personnel of agencies employing "sworn" staff including telecommunicators (AKA: dispatchers).

Last edited by a moderator:
May 27, 2013
NY
Retired1 said:
Where I work, they have citation authority and are sworn in as officers of the court. Our animal control officers are also officers of the court, with citation authority. I apologize for any error in my wrongly posting his death here.
In NYC traffic agents cannot ticket for moving violations, just parking/vehicle equipment (if the car is already stopped/parked), etc....

...But yes, not to diminish what happened...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiemartin6

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.