nypd aerodynic

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
hey guys!

is there any agency in new york who has used aerodynic model 24RMVF model all clear with color bulbs maybe,i had one guy in the past who had some in all clear with same configuration like nypd used aero bars but with color bulbs?
So red and clear on rotators and amber on rear and red on front side.very cool set up,maybe nypd used some?
like signal stat used in the past on nypd cars.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
The New York Bus Company, which was a private carrier that ran Bronx-Manhattan express routes before the MTA took over the routes about 10 years ago might have run that configuration in all-amber on their road supervisory vehicles. In later years they added all-amber McDermott Riser bars to those vehicles.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The last nypd aero that i picked up was serving a 2nd life as a Wrecker bar. The domes were flipped and had amber bulbs in it. The red filters to the rear as STT lights.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
The last nypd aero that i picked up was serving a 2nd life as a Wrecker bar. The domes were flipped and had amber bulbs in it. The red filters to the rear as STT lights.

Same for the NYPD Aero I got. Wiring was all wrong, and the outer rotators were colored bulbs, blue and amber on each ead. Got it near Newburgh, NY.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
In the link above check out the Ford in the background...nice headlights. And 24rmvf looks good in any configuration!!!!

Reactions: denko3

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
In the link above check out the Ford in the background...nice headlights. And 24rmvf looks good in any configuration!!!!

It was a common thing in the 1960s up until the mid-1980s to use colored headlight bulbs in the high-beam sections. Pretty unique look and stood out from the rest of the cars on the street.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
I did see a set floating around in plastic they were asking 500 so the glass ones must be double that... I remember both the clear ( under cover ) and colored in the marked units

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.