Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
cool... even hear some howler/rumbler in there too

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
First time ever seeing 4 LEDs in the grill for an NYPD RMP. I wonder what in that box truck, and why is it not lit up.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
It shows that sometimes you can have the most sophisticated gear, when it doesn't move, it doesn't move !

May 22, 2010
New York City
VolEms said:
The NYPD only uses the Smart Siren from Federal Signal. Now the FDNY batt chiefs got them as well.

not true !!! . they do use the 650 series remote nypd model....... among a few others

May 22, 2010
New York City
VolEms said:
Im talking about RMP's. I have never seen a marked unit with anything but the SS2000.

after 9/11 some marked white rmp's were donated with vector bars ( no arrowstick ) and pa300's all controlled by SW300 ......

also alot of other rmps had pa300's like school safety and traffic

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Nice vid.

Typical NYC foot traffice I wonder if they would move any faster if a few tanks cameing rolling down the street?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The pedestrians walking between the units: "Meh, they won't run me ovah."

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
VolEms said:
First time ever seeing 4 LEDs in the grill for an NYPD RMP. I wonder what in that box truck, and why is it not lit up.

That's not a RMP, it's a special unit of some sort. There are no Precinct Expeditions out there.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
There are quite a few NYPD Officers on elb, where is 111sgt when u need him. I hope they can clarify what the box truck is.

May 22, 2010
New York City
lafd55 said:
That's not a RMP, it's a special unit of some sort. There are no Precinct Expeditions out there.

Task Force which is technically a PCT , has expeditions......

i know BSTF has one, SITF , MSTF among the few !

one11sgt

Nov 27, 2010
USA NY
VolEms said:
There are quite a few NYPD Officers on elb, where is 111sgt when u need him. I hope they can clarify what the box truck is.

Yes the box truck is a prisoner wagon. That was a task force motorcade probably going to reinforce units at a demonstration of some sort (occupy wall street etc.)

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
VolEms said:
I installed 4 grill lights in every one of my steady RMPs going back to 1988.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
The Paddy (prisoner) wagon step vans are the platforms for a few Communications Division FCP vehicles, and ESU and Harbor may still use a few of them for their purposes too.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I would hate to respond to there. Especially to back up an officer or something. I'm happy to live in an area where traffic atleast pulls over....most of the time.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
one11sgt said:
Yes the box truck is a prisoner wagon. That was a task force motorcade probably going to reinforce units at a demonstration of some sort (occupy wall street etc.)

Thanks for that. Being a sargent do u get to choose your RMP. Can u get a suv or that's just for CI's.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.