NYPoliceLights????

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
"which makes the Eclipse a primary warning light and not secondary/auxiliary warning lights like most other lights on today market"

Primary warning from a little lighthead like that? No thanks.

And yes, it does resemble the T4. Is the T4 the one Feniex is discontinuing? Perhaps these guys picked up where Feniex left off?

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
MEVS06 said:
Is it just me or does this look like a Feneix T4.....

Does look very close and so does the Strobesnmore E4. All three look pretty damn similar :haha:

7d9_z28 said:
Is the T4 the one Feniex is discontinuing? Perhaps these guys picked up where Feniex left off?

Yes the T4 is being discontinued by Feniex. More then likely they sold the design to more than one manufacture but who knows.

E4

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_E4SNGMT1LG.jpg

NY NX-4

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_newLTE2_16_4_500x500.jpg

Feniex T4

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_python_T4_led_gri5190b0cf6a90252b2ba792b14b1fc794.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
It even has the extra material on the bezel that the Feniex light has, around the lense.

Smells fishy. Too fishy.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
7d9_z28 said:
It even has the extra material on the bezel that the Feniex light has, around the lense.

Smells fishy. Too fishy.

Maybe NYpolicelights made Feniex a offer they couldn't refuse. I don't know why a company would completely discontinue a 4 diode light to bring a 6 diode light out to replace it. You think they'd just lower the price on the four diode to give their customers a bigger selection based on need and price.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
no... far from a t4. It looks like the typical snm t4 or the other "knockoff" T-4 lights though. I was hoping he'd post the specs so i can confirm by size but that light looks alot larger than the T4. The flash patterns dont match either.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Jeremy0966 said:
Maybe NYpolicelights made Feniex a offer they couldn't refuse. I don't know why a company would completely discontinue a 4 diode light to bring a 6 diode light out to replace it. You think they'd just lower the price on the four diode to give their customers a bigger selection based on need and price.

Yeah the T4 seemed to be one of their most popular items. There was ALOT of debate awhile back on the validity of Feniex and their "Made in the USA" claims. Maybe the T4 really was made out in China?

Who knows. Everything else on the NYpolicelights website is eBay special lightbars and such. Im not even sure what to make of the "Abrams Siren".

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I was looking in the install thread and went to the website and it just looks too similar. Feneix is made overseas, I wish they would just admit it once and for all.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
7d9_z28 said:
Yeah the T4 seemed to be one of their most popular items. There was ALOT of debate awhile back on the validity of Feniex and their "Made in the USA" claims. Maybe the T4 really was made out in China?

Who knows. Everything else on the NYpolicelights website is eBay special lightbars and such. Im not even sure what to make of the "Abrams Siren".

Ya the made in the USA is a bunch of bull. To qualify as "Made in the USA" i think it's only around 20% of the product has to come from the U.S. while "Manufactured in the USA" is 90% up. Whelen for instance is a "Manufactured in the USA" company and there around 96% of their product is made here in the states :thumbsup:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
NOT a Feniex Product. Get off that soap box buddy :nono: lol

here. Compare these pages. (pay attention to flashpatterns etc)

Abrams Eclipse Grill Light

Mini LED Light Bars : Emergency Vehicle Lighting : LED Dash Lights : Strobe Warning Lights : Used Truck Light Bars : Amber Emergency Light : LED Outfitters - Grill Lights :: SEM4

Abrams Blaster LED Hide-A-Way

LHA 8000 LED HIDEAWAY

I won't say they are bad products... because I've had to install some on some customers cars and quite frankly.. They've done very well... BUT they are not Feniex

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
FEVER said:

Mini LED Light Bars : Emergency Vehicle Lighting : LED Dash Lights : Strobe Warning Lights : Used Truck Light Bars : Amber Emergency Light : LED Outfitters - Grill Lights :: SEM4

LHA 8000 LED HIDEAWAY

I won't say they are bad products... because I've had to install some on some customers cars and quite frankly.. They've done very well... BUT they are not Feniex

Notice in my pic the SNM and LED O lights have the plastic where the pen is and Feniex does not, and neither does the NYPL light....

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
FEVER said:

LHA 8000 LED HIDEAWAY

Granted, but i guarantee you if you talk to Galls about the Talon design they bought from Whelen they'd tell you it's a Galls products :haha: And technically it isn't a Feniex product since they would have bought the design, regardless if Feniex was the original manufacturer. And because the flash patterns are different doesn't mean the design wasn't bought from another manufacture. They might be using different, alternative, or less expensive internal parts to manufacture the light for cost savings or other unknown reason.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yeah... but only this picture makes one part (the extra plastic part around the lense) similar. The light head itself is twice the size of the T-4.

I'm pretty sure its the same as the ledoutfitters light and it's manufacturing company is Damega if I'm not mistaken.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
FEVER said:
Yeah... but only this picture makes one part (the extra plastic part around the lense) similar. The light head itself is twice the size of the T-4.

I'm pretty sure its the same as the ledoutfitters light and it's manufacturing company is Damega if I'm not mistaken.

Ya, its hard to tell when they don't give you the dimensions of the light for comparison :rolleyes: They did give a very accurate measurement of under 1" tall :haha:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yeah and that is inaccurate. It is right at one inch WITHOUT the gasket lol

the light head is more than twice the size of the t4

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
MEVS06 said:
Is it just me or does this look like a Feneix T4.....

if so then 70% of the brands out there are the Feniex T-4. Sure... it looks like one when you have no size or depth perception. Here is a side by side photo of the lights I just took for you. IMAG0594.jpg

Not one in the same. Lock this thread now. Discussion closed. :bonk: lol

seriously though... picture is deceiving

IMAG0592.jpg

IMAG0593.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
MEVS06 said:
Notice in my pic the SNM and LED O lights have the plastic where the pen is and Feniex does not, and neither does the NYPL light....

and just because of that it is automatically feniex? one or two similarities?

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Is that the newer optics on the T-4, and I do agree the picture is deceiving. That's why I posted this. I am in no way talking smack, I just posted to see if we can get some clarification.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
FEVER said:
Here is a side by side photo of the lights I just took for you.

HolySh!t :eek: you weren't kidding on the size difference. Thats pretty significant. Well that settles that :haha:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Jeremy0966 said:
HolySh!t :eek: you weren't kidding on the size difference. Thats pretty significant. Well that settles that :haha:

Now Nics panties are all in a bundle over chinese lights. :razz:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
7d9_z28 said:
Now Nics panties are all in a bundle over chinese lights. :razz:

nope... I have sold both... and honestly have had success with both. I just didn't think they look similar (one exception)

Just enjoying some ELB'ing while sitting on the couch eating BBQ Fritos

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
FEVER said:
nope... I have sold both... and honestly have had success with both. I just didn't think they look similar (one exception)

Just enjoying some ELB'ing while sitting on the couch eating BBQ Fritos

You wish. You couldn't find BBQ Fritos if I offered $100 a bag. :bonk:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
This light is just another import TIR4, nothing special.

Fever, there will be a new smaller SEM4 and SEM6 coming out soon. The current T6 that I am selling is the new smaller one. Although they are smaller, they are nowhere near the small size of Feniex lights.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
FEVER said:
if so then 70% of the brands out there are the Feniex T-4. Sure... it looks like one when you have no size or depth perception. Here is a side by side photo of the lights I just took for you. View attachment 44968View attachment 44969View attachment 44970

Hey guys, Im new here and happens to be I use the Abrams NX-4 and Also buy from Feniex. I am a Feniex dealer and install there products in my shop.

Reason why i use the Nx-4 over the t-4 most times is, 1) I know the owner of Abrams Lighting 2) The Feniex T-4s get extremely hot, and the NX-4 has a heat sink in the back of the light to absorb the heat. The light head is solidly built and waterproof. I Have used the SEM4 in the past but last I remember, No heat sink, and water went right into it.

I took some pictures of both light heads and you guys can comment on the sizes after. The picture on NY Police Lights is just from a angle that makes it look like a t-4.

I also took a picture of the SEM4 that sitting my shop to compare the backs of both lightheads. They probably updated there structure but haven't bought from them since.

IMG-20121210-01117.jpg

IMG-20121210-01116.jpg

IMG-20121210-01118.jpg

IMG-20121210-01120.jpg

IMG-20121210-01121.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Jeremy0966 said:
Isn't that what Whelen did with the LIN4 and the LINZ6 though?

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
make that 99%. As the siren speaker drivers I had from Whelen where casted with the words. Made in China on the bottom. Even though they had made in the USA stickers on the side.

Anyway i spent a good few hours last night looking around and the only thing i found that came close to it was this.

Which is a totally different lighthead, but has the side bits on it next to the leds.

1349833717C4.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.