Odd photo from Fla.

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
exphillycop said:
Mcdermott lights south of NYC......very strang.....
Yea there is a lot of us northerners down here now........And it is true, Highway units up north do the same job as traffic units in the south......

Still learning the little nuances of southern police work......and loving it :)

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Has a Vector/Vision(Can't tell) has a McDermott... But not NYPD... I'm very confused... lol.

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
Broward, and all of Florida really, have A LOT of retired NYPD working there. I can almost guarantee that this car was set up by one of them

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I've never seen that before in FL in the few years I've been in SE Florida, but I can tell you that they don't have those on patrol at this time; everything for BSO these days is liberty lightbars w/ CHMSL Talons, or legend lightbars w/ CHMSL mini ILS (on many of the newer vehicles). Also, the striping/paint scheme was updated a several years ago, and they are phasing out the white units with white/dark green units (similar to the LAPD black/white scheme)

Domesttuner

Sep 23, 2011
USA, FL
Alachua County has used that dark green/white scheme for years now, looks really good on the new Tahoes. I wonder what it would look like on the new Chargers.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
mdlighting said:
Do they look as good as Greenbelt PD's new paint scheme
Better. It's a darker green, which looks better IMO. That one is pretty classy though.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
mdlighting said:
Do they look as good as Greenbelt PD's new paint scheme

View attachment 44906

I feel like i need to tell my Cousins to hide from that thing in the bushes.

Looks to much like the Immigration! "because of the use of green"

Mexican guy.jpg

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
exphillycop said:
Does anybody else in Florida see that more departments are going red/blue over solid blue anymore?......my dept did.....

Seminole converted their motorcycles from all blue to red and blue.

But they also switched from harleys to BMW's too.... ;)

There was a study done years ago, blue is seen farther at night and red is seen farther during the day..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.