Odd Signal Stat Breakdown (?) Light

motorolamaniac

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
I bought this on eBay a few weeks ago as a gift, but have yet to give it up, lol. It has double flashing red lights, labeled Signal Stat Warning Light Kit TR26X0. Plugs into a cigarette lighter and has a heavy duty Signal Stat flasher and all wiring contained in the box. I did not test it so I do not know if the lights alternate or not.

Christmas 2010 048.jpg

It was New in original box and has a few wear marks but is otherwise nice. I thought it was pretty different, never really saw one before.

Christmas 2010 047.jpg

Christmas 2010 049.jpg

Christmas 2010 050.jpg

Christmas 2010 052.jpg

Nice score, it's very unusual and different, and there probably aren't many of those around. I would recommend keeping it and give another gift.

VERY cool! I like the long cord with the cigarette lighter plug. You would think they would have just put a double sided single lamp on it to cut production costs. Looks much more cool the way that it is though. Nice score.

it looks like both power and ground wires are put in the wire nut, looks like the brown wire should go to the fork connector on each light bolt. it was prolly this big to fit a 12 volt battery in the base.

THe lights may be 2 filament lights, STT. Don't know why they would use 2 filament lights, but, that would explain both wires going to hot, lighting both filaments at the same time. The ground may be attached to the case.

Dan

My guess would be there was once a battery in there.....

It could be a railroad light. The railroad hazard lights that I've seen usually have a backup bulb that kicks in and lights if the main bulb goes out, or a switch that lets you select the backup bulb if necessary. The dual filament bulb probably serves a similar purpose, one filament burns out and the light still works.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381