"Off Brand" equipment opinions

invisble ink

Jun 17, 2010
Old Bridge, NJ
Looking to get a interior lightbar from a smaller company...non Whelen, fs, etc. what is your opinions of other brands? I'm talking brands like AWT, SNM, ETD, etc. It would need to be a brand that offers universal mounting. I'm also looking to stay in the $200 -225 range give or take.

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looking to get a interior lightbar from a smaller company...non Whelen, fs, etc. what is your opinions of other brands? I'm talking brands like AWT, SNM, ETD, etc. It would need to be a brand that offers universal mounting. I'm also looking to stay in the $200 -225 range give or take.
The only full-size, off-brand, universal interior light bar you can get from a reputable seller/dealer (for < $225 new) is the AWL Venom. ETD and STL have awful product reliability and awful customer service. SNM has great products, but their full size ILB is not in your range.

Another option, although you'd need to do more custom work for bracket work, is microman industries. They make super bright products and offer a flashback shield, but you're responsible for trimming the flashback shield and getting visor mounting brackets

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I'll second AWL. Tom is a great guy. I've dealt with him in the past and I still have 4 of his AWL brand lights on our rescue truck and they have been going strong for roughly 4 years now with 0 issues. If you're wanting an "off brand" that will be reliable, definitely go with AWL. Feniex also has good prices. Check out FEVER. The new T-3s are like 30$ a pop and extremely bright!

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
AWL and SNM are two good places I would get off brand stuff. Never had an issue with both those guys they are awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.