Officer shot, killed by fellow police in Calif.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
The key words were there "He struggled, drew his gun and fired" That sounds like a justified shoot to me. And seeing as there apparently was extenuating circumstances that forced them to decide to arrest him immediately...I don't know what could have been done differently.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Wow! They couldnt have waited until he returned to station or maybe go to his residence? Did they really need to go out to a DUI checkpoint he was working and do this out in public? My God!

iCrash

Aug 11, 2010
New Jersey
The article says he became aware of the IA on him and they felt it was necessary to immediately arrest him because they felt he was a danger to the public. So what I take from that is he was working the checkpoint, found out about the IA, and then began to flip out.

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
Wow, could a, would a, should a .... I agree, this one stinks!!

I would not take my guys into custody on the street. I call them in to station and do it there, I don't understand this one.

To think that to call an officer off of detail by your dispatcher to have them come to quaters, then once there report to their supervisor where they can be processed. I know we don't have all the details but come on!! There are better ways to handle situations like that. If it was already known, why was he on a detail?? Not making sense here. My .02!!

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
BackYardSales said:
Careful, you'll be attacked for negativity.

No, he won't. Because he also posts threads about many, many other topics, as well as news articles that may put the police in a negative light. Not JUST news stories that put police in a negative light. Fuck off.

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
mcpd2025 said:
This is a legitimate news story, not some anti-cop crybaby trying to push his agenda. Did you get a job yet?

I think BYS is using the wrong technique in his search for employment

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.