chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Last edited by a moderator:

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Tristar said:
Wow!!! You literally can't give old CRT TVs away! And they want $150!

Hell you almost can't give a flat monitor away. Sell them by the skid full for $10 at auction. I purchased a 70" projection TV for mom 8 years ago for $2000 at Costco, they were closer to $3000 at Best puke. It is stating to get "holes" in it and she wanted to get it fixed.....I told her to toss it and spend $500 for a 60" LED.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
The links below aren't for lights or sirens, but they are for emergency equipment (fire helmets). I collect helmets, but I'm by no means an expert. However, these are are sooooo overpriced that I had to post them here...if I didn't, my head was going to explode. All the helmets are being sold by the same individual. It should noted that there is help for his person, as the Boston area has top notch medical and mental health facilities.

This is the least crazy item. The seller originally listed described this as a leather helmet. I emailed him and told him it isn't leather.

firefighter/fireman/fire/helmet/helmets/fire hat

firefighter/fireman/fire helmet/Rockland/firefighters

$1980 for a Cairns Senator helmet??? Was the Senator made of aluminum or 24k gold?

firefighter/fireman/helmet/helmets/fire/firefighters

OK, I know what you're thinking...that it can't get any better. You're wrong! You can't make this stuff up! I'm not going to show the price here, because you won't believe me...check out the link!

1880's fire helmet/firefighter/fireman/helmet/fire

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Skip Goulet said:
Whooooa! I can't imagine an older CVPI apparaised at $24,000, much less being offered for nearly $20K! I couldn't see anywhere on the listing where these guys are.

A little ways below the price, there is a section marked Shipping. In that section is some small print that reads as follows:

Item location: Lonsdale, Minnesota, United States

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
CodeMan said:
1948 flexible hearse/ambulance , don't see the reserve price but their up to $4,500...

Buick Other Hearse | eBay

A bit too high priced for that old girl. She's definitely restorable, but needs a good bit of work. A friend of mine many years ago had an old Buick like that. He bought it around 1965 and only paid about $200 for it then. He spent more on repainting the car and dressing it out a bit than what he paid for the car itself.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Is a "Wire Type" siren? I love the ad..."Vintage Classic USI Auto Siren" - $150!!! For a car alarm siren! The seller says "Do not contact me if you (sic) not serious. I do not have time for B.S." I love it...he has no time for BS, yet he's attempting to sell this piece of BS for $150. He also says "Sound of a Fire Truck"...I wonder if it sounds like a Q or a Super-Chief? I think I'll call him and ask if it's made out of 18k or 24k gold. What an idiot.

Vintage Classic USI Auto Siren 12 VDC Wire Type

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Wayyyyy too much for a Street Hawk...and, even though I don't care for Street Hawks, putting LEDs in a vintage light should be criminal. For that matter, his spelling is a gross miscarriage of the English language, and it too, should be criminal! Street Halk? And, ally lights? Are they lights to help your friends and allies, or does he mean alley lights? Is stupidity a crime yet?

48" federal signal street halk light bar

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Tristar said:
Wayyyyy too much for a Street Hawk...and, even though I don't care for Street Hawks, putting LEDs in a vintage light should be criminal. For that matter, his spelling is a gross miscarriage of the English language, and it too, should be criminal! Street Halk? And, ally lights? Are they lights to help your friends and allies, or does he mean alley lights? Is stupidity a crime yet?

48" federal signal street halk light bar

wait a sec, I have a few similar to add.

streethawk lightbar (amber)

gets better

Federal Signal Streethawk 52" Lightbar

I believe I mentioned this before, but as of late there has been a resurgence of these things on POVs in my area... :undecided: guess I better get with the times... lol

Jun 18, 2013
PA

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
tsquale said:

I see this guy's ad every so often. I've posted it here twice before...Last time I emailed him and asked him a smarta$$ question. If I recall, I asked him if it was a CTS, and how many were included for the $1100.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
CodeMan said:
not sure if this is high or not, looks rough though... (Skip your the guru) ;)

1954 PONTIAC 2DR HEARSE

Almost missed this one. While I'd bet he'll get the 10K he wants from it, that's still a bit high. If it was a full-sized coach, I wouldn't doubt it, but Barnette built off of sedan-delivery chassis, both in Chevys and Pontiacs, and they were much less expensive than a coach. Back in the '70s a friend of mine bought a '54 Superior/Pontiac hearse from a small funeral home in Seagraves, TX for a whopping $400, and the guy hollered about that "high price" for years. As cherry as that old car was then, nowadays that $400 wouldn't make the down payment. :p

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Skip Goulet said:
Almost missed this one. While I'd bet he'll get the 10K he wants from it, that's still a bit high. If it was a full-sized coach, I wouldn't doubt it, but Barnette built off of sedan-delivery chassis, both in Chevys and Pontiacs, and they were much less expensive than a coach. Back in the '70s a friend of mine bought a '54 Superior/Pontiac hearse from a small funeral home in Seagraves, TX for a whopping $400, and the guy hollered about that "high price" for years. As cherry as that old car was then, nowadays that $400 wouldn't make the down payment. :p

The car had recently been shipped from Hawaii to Florida. I don't know if the seller had it shipped, or if he purchased it from whoever shipped it, but either way, I'm sure it was an expensive trip! I'll bet that the high price is to help recover at least some of that cost.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
RADIO - GovDeals.com

Okay.............you listed this on a government surplus website, where thousands of public safety and vehicle outfitters roam every day, and you call these items "radios?" Good freakin' pus in a bucket, is it that damn hard to just even STUDY the item and deduce it's NOT a radio?!?!?

My feelings on people this damn lazy in listings.......

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
CrownVic97 said:
RADIO - GovDeals.com

Okay.............you listed this on a government surplus website, where thousands of public safety and vehicle outfitters roam every day, and you call these items "radios?" Good freakin' pus in a bucket, is it that damn hard to just even STUDY the item and deduce it's NOT a radio?!?!?

My feelings on people this damn lazy in listings.......

On the one hand, we could give the seller the benefit of the doubt, as the person who listed the item is an Accounting Technician (whatever the hell that is). On the other hand, most people with at least a third grade education would be able to see that the items in question are not radios. Thank god the person who listed the items is not an air traffic controller!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Tristar said:
On the one hand, we could give the seller the benefit of the doubt, as the person who listed the item is an Accounting Technician (whatever the hell that is). On the other hand, most people with at least a third grade education would be able to see that the items in question are not radios. Thank god the person who listed the items is not an air traffic controller!

I would agree on that. But if you look at the control panel on the siren, it does say "Rad", so I could see where someone who doesn't know this stuff would think it's a radio.

But it reminds me of the day when "Kojak" was on and you could see him "talking" on a Bearcat scanner that had a telephone handset "connected" to it. Marvelous technology......huh! :yes:

farmboy

May 8, 2012
michigan
I seen a mx7000 on craigslist a while back for $600 and $400 extra for a 6 swich swich box it was in rilly pore condition too!!

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
farmboy said:
I seen a mx7000 on craigslist a while back for $600 and $400 extra for a 6 swich swich box it was in rilly pore condition too!!

The watcher is either someone really interested in buying it, or someone from here really interested in seeing to poor dude buying it...

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Skip Goulet said:
I would agree on that. But if you look at the control panel on the siren, it does say "Rad", so I could see where someone who doesn't know this stuff would think it's a radio.

But it reminds me of the day when "Kojak" was on and you could see him "talking" on a Bearcat scanner that had a telephone handset "connected" to it. Marvelous technology......huh! :yes:

I always thought that was kind of funny. If I remember correctly, it was a Bearcat III or IV.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
OK, I know...here's another ripoff that's not a light or siren. But, it does deserve mentioning here. In addition to the price, I love how the seller says "This is a truly unique lamp". Funny, I see these things advertised all over the place.

Unique Fire Extinguisher Lamp

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.