Ohio State Highway Patrol Testing New Lighting Systems and other OSHP stuff

Straypuft

Nov 7, 2015
Akron Ohio
For about the last 15 years switching from the Federal Signal Vista to the Code 3 RX2700 series all blue with blue lenses, OSHP is testing out new lighting packages on some of their Chargers from different manufacturers, Currently the Chargers have all blue Code 3 RX2700 lightbar with 2 red grill lights and 2 blue flashers in the lower bumper area. I dont see the rear of them flashing often but they do have 2 lights on either side of the rear license plate and 2 rear window flashers.

This following video shows a demo unit with a Soundoff Nforce and 2 front bumper duo RB flashers and on the Nforce in a reflection, a rear amber TA:

I have a not so great photo shared with me showing a Charger with a different lightbar, most likely a Federal Signal Integrity, some people think its a Whelen Legacy.:
eVJZ6FP.jpg

A thing of note, there may not be a lightbar mount for the speed radars for the Nforce and in the demo unit they are placed on the dashboard and one in the rear window.

Other OSHP things going on, They are starting to use the Dodge Durango as a patrol car, And Motor Carrier Enforcement may be switching to new FPIU's from the Tahoe, They remain white with red lightbars. OSHP has new mobile weight trucks in the form of F-150's with rear utility body and there are regular F-150's elsewhere in the OSHP fleet, I do not know what their function is or will be. They may also be in the testing phase for new motorcycles with a photo posted to OSHP Facebook.

The following photo is from my collection of one of their new Durangos:
Ohio State Highway Patrol Dodge Durango by Raymond W, on Flickr

This photo from their Facebook shows the new motorcycles:
vXAKdQV.jpg

Reactions: Dave F and Tony P

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Ohio state patrol lighting has had brighter secondary lights than their primary lightbar since the Strobe Vista with lower Cuda LED flashers. The current Code 3 bars with blue LEDs under blue lenses are awful. The lin / tir 3 sized lower deck/plate lights are brighter on this setup. The last time they had a decent bar was the matrix edge. I really hope they go with Sound Off or Whelen in a "normal" or common sense setup. Ohio DOT uses both, and aside from the occasional split pattern with no off time, they look so much better.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
For about the last 15 years switching from the Federal Signal Vista to the Code 3 RX2700 series all blue with blue lenses, OSHP is testing out new lighting packages on some of their Chargers from different manufacturers, Currently the Chargers have all blue Code 3 RX2700 lightbar with 2 red grill lights and 2 blue flashers in the lower bumper area. I dont see the rear of them flashing often but they do have 2 lights on either side of the rear license plate and 2 rear window flashers.

This following video shows a demo unit with a Soundoff Nforce and 2 front bumper duo RB flashers and on the Nforce in a reflection, a rear amber TA:

I have a not so great photo shared with me showing a Charger with a different lightbar, most likely a Federal Signal Integrity, some people think its a Whelen Legacy.:
eVJZ6FP.jpg

A thing of note, there may not be a lightbar mount for the speed radars for the Nforce and in the demo unit they are placed on the dashboard and one in the rear window.

Other OSHP things going on, They are starting to use the Dodge Durango as a patrol car, And Motor Carrier Enforcement may be switching to new FPIU's from the Tahoe, They remain white with red lightbars. OSHP has new mobile weight trucks in the form of F-150's with rear utility body and there are regular F-150's elsewhere in the OSHP fleet, I do not know what their function is or will be. They may also be in the testing phase for new motorcycles with a photo posted to OSHP Facebook.

The following photo is from my collection of one of their new Durangos:
Ohio State Highway Patrol Dodge Durango by Raymond W, on Flickr

This photo from their Facebook shows the new motorcycles:
vXAKdQV.jpg
It looks like there are two speakers on each motorcycle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.