Old Lightbar

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
When I was at Junction Valley railroad today in Bridgeport, I found this dodge truck with this lightbar on it.

I was going to get a closer look on my way out of the hobby shop, but it was gone.

Anyone know what brand the crossbar or Lights are?

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_MISC_7_3008.jpg

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
That crossbar sure looks familiar, as I had one of them about 30 years ago! NAPA auto stores around here used to sell those crossbars empty and they marketed them as accepting most any type of beacon or roof mounted lighting. The feet have a quick release clamp that goes on the raingutters and the amount of tension generated by the positioning of the feet held the bar to the roof when it was clamped down. Since that truck doesn't have gutters, those clamps have obviously been modified. The bar was very lightweight and was made of aluminum, and could bend or bow fairly easily under a particular situation.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.