Old power supply

Tweek's Turbos

Jul 25, 2017
Northern VA
Hey guys,

I'm new to this so bare with me.

I have an older mini, not sure of the model the serial number is not legible. The bar has taken between 45 min to an hour and a half to power up. P/n on the supply is 01-0267687-00. I see alot of supplys on ebay but none with the matching number. Whelen told me the upgrade is a 2zso with harness for about $800.

I just need it to run off an on off switch, no need for any frills beyond that. I would like to fix my current ps or find a compatible upgrade that doesnt cost more than the car!

The bar has 4 single tube strobes, but I have a parts bar that has 2 strobe jobs that face forward and at a 45 degree angle.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
pics would be helpful

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
appears to be a strobe power supply from an edge. a quick ebay search of 'whelen edge strobe' nets quite a few results. whelen part numbers are moreso for whelen and not the general public. multiple revisions of components are made with no real change to the part but they changed the part number regardless. therefore trying to find one with your exact part number will be hard to find

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WHELEN-EDG...282180&hash=item41d14350b8:g:csYAAOSwUuRZ15n7

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I meant to power the light itself, not the power supply.

I think you're suggesting that you're using the car to power it through the wiring that was pre-existing? If so, I'd take it off and try running it direct from the battery and see if that makes a difference. Sounds more like an issue of power getting there vs the supply being bad.

Tweek's Turbos

Jul 25, 2017
Northern VA
I meant to power the light itself, not the power supply.

I think you're suggesting that you're using the car to power it through the wiring that was pre-existing? If so, I'd take it off and try running it direct from the battery and see if that makes a difference. Sounds more like an issue of power getting there vs the supply being bad.

Will do,

I spent some more time reading and it looks like the SL6 power supply is the replacement for the 2ZSO supply.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.