Oops...

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
So I was dinking around with one of my LEDX bars (I know, I know, I need to be working on my 18 strobe Edge but, hey look! A squirrel!) and I think I killed one of the narrowstik heads... They have 4 wires coming off the back of them: red, black, blue, yellow. Only the red and black are connected, but the blue wire has a lug crimped on the end and the yellow is cut off at the strain relief. I had one powered up and tried grounding the yellow wire and got no result. So I touched my grounded lead to the lug on the blue wire and the head went out, and has not come back to life. I tried googling for connections for these heads but found nothing. Either sets of numbers also don't get any results. Anyone know what model these heads are and what the yellow and blue connections actually do? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220214_142753.jpg
    20220214_142753.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220214_142804.jpg
    20220214_142804.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Thanks guys. From the documentation I saw, grounding the blue wire changes the pattern, and leaving connected for ~5 seconds turns the light off. So maybe I just need to try grounding it again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.