Open Letter to Code 3

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Please use this thread to list and discuss complaints, compliments and suggestions for Code 3 products. Any bashing or complaints without details will be removed. People from the manufacturers read this site and will most likely see this, so keep it professional.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Please make the ability to control at least a pair of heads a standard option on every LED bar, if not the entire bar. Also, please sync the visor light! I use red and blue, but I don't want to have a purplish blur if you're more then 50' in front of me.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
put a better power cord tip on the 420 minibar that doesnt overheat and melt on the halogen models.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Adjust the pricing. Code 3 products are great, but way over priced compared to competitors. Price is perhaps one of the biggest reasons I go with a different manufacturer.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
DaveCN5 said:
Adjust the pricing. Code 3 products are great, but way over priced compared to competitors. Price is perhaps one of the biggest reasons I go with a different manufacturer.

+1,000

I would buy from C3, but I can get it new from another manufacturer much cheaper.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Just an FYI guys, I'd like these "open letters" to be something the companies and other users can actually get some decent data from. If you want to complain about the product please provide enough detail that others and the company that makes the item can get some info from it. I know it's tempting to just say "blank product is awful", but that's really not helpful. There have been some really great replies to these threads, let make sure we keep it professional and detailed.

Thanks

John

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Code 3 Sirens:

Add more terminals to the rear for us to use. It's insanely difficult to connect 6 or 7 activation wires to the Slide Switch 3 Terminal on a V-Con or MasterCom (3892L6) control head because of a lack of serial control of any kind. There's just not enough room. Also, PLEASE relocate your dip switches that adjust settings such as LightAlert and Park/Kill to the back of the unit, with a hole in the cover, so we can change those without having to take off the entire housing. This is the biggest pain in my ass I've had as an installer dealing with existing installs on these units.

And PLEASE make the 8-gauge wire come with a connector that pops in and out of the back of the unit. Whelen does this for every siren unit they have, as do several other manufacturers. Why can't you? It really gets expensive to have to put a new super-big butt-splice on this wire every time I need to take it out of the vehicle for changes or service.

Speaking of connectors, I would suggest just ditching the screw-down connector terminals altogether. It's very frustrating having wiring coming out of the respective holes when you can't secure them to a terminal or connector with a crimped connection. Sure, it's nice saving on terminals and the ability to quickly remove them, but I'd rather tear apart a console or wiring board for a bad crimp than for a wire that vibrated loose out of the screw terminals (either that or redesign the concept so it holds more securely).

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Well this is a very positive for Code 3. In fact this impressed the hell out of me and I am second guessing on which company is better.

I had gotten a MX7000 from a member here that was NOS. Now I did notice that the fast rotators were very loud. Well upon contacting Code 3 via email, I was put in contact with Steven. He then was telling me some things to do and also asked me for the serial number of the bar. Well I gave him that, and he stated that the bar was originally sold 5 years ago and didn't have and warranty left on it. Well He then told me that he would send me 3 Fast rotators free of charge and that I didnt need to send them back to them. When they arrived they were in fact brand new. I installed them and I will tell ya the bar is real quiet. No other company would have done this, In fact if they were covered under warranty they would have made me ship em to them. Where Code 3 just sent me them. I think that deserves a big thumbs up. I am starting to like C3 again. I just don't like their sirens. lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.