Opinions on Feniex Cannons as running lights/puddle lights

JimmyT

Oct 6, 2017
Dayton, Ohio
Looking to get my F-250 lit up before winter. Use it for snow removal and construction/farm/recovery use. Already have the front and rear figured out. Really like the idea of using Cannons on the running board brackets as multi-purpose lights. Theres 3 brackets on each side so ideally i'm thinking of doing Amber-Amber/White-Amber. All 3 would be amber for running lights, have the middle light go steady white when the doors are open, and then have all 3 flash. I've seen some mixed feelings on-line about using cannons as running lights or that they need resistors to dim them, but haven't seen much in detail about it. I've installed various strobes and lightbars on our trucks/equipment but this is the first i've messed with something a little more complex. Hate to spend the money and not be satisfied with it. So will the cannons do the job or will i need to go a different route?

Heres a picture of the truck, you can see the brackets under the cab. alh3_googleusercontent_com_F8FiWt0r1oBbzHCPpXUehL8MmWmYez__J9kd47ecedf23c7b9aaeb96a9e0b08e5ee1.jpg

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I know it can be done with the cannons for your ideal application. I do remember a thread on here about dimming the cannons with resistors for use as running lights. I don’t remember what size at this time though. Use 1 resistor on 1 mode (set to Amber) wire at each cannon connected to running light circuit. Use switched 12v on another mode (set to Amber) with desired flash pattern. Set the third mode on center cannon to steady and wire to door switch with possibly a relay in this also.
I know someone with more knowledge will chime in with further details.
Be sure to keep us updated once completed with video!

Reactions: JustJake

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.