Opinions on my chevy tahoe install

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I just bought a 2003 Chevy Tahoe and already have alot of ideas for the truck. Unfortunetely i can not bring my self to put the 50" freedom on top i cant bring my self to drilling two whos in the roof. I am going for a mostly no wholes drilled minues haws and the siren speaker everything must either mount via suction cups or mount in a stock location. That being said me and the wife have talked and she things i should go slick top.

Here is what i am thinking brand and model are in the air until i sell the freedom and know what i can afford.

Front

Full interior bar. Red (will the blue tint strip in the top of the windshield effect the color much or make it look purpleish?)

Dash light r/w (awl ls 18 i think) Already installed.

Push bar- Whacker inciter 4 RED ( already own)

Side of PB- SOS tir3 red ( already own)

Clear LAWs in DRLs

Red LAWs in fogs

Rear sides

For now i have 4 nova slultras that i will place there for the time being until i can find something more suitable. Ideas???

Rear....

Here is my delima I don't have a hatch like most tahoes instead i have the Dutch doors i was thinking of two things i could get a normal length t/a that is water proof and install it to the rear of the roof rack. Or i can find a split t/a and place one in each rear door. At this point i am lost i had liked the idea of getting two 8 head bars and installing one forward and one rear on the rack but my wife said that might look a little goofy so help me out fellas.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Oh yeah i forgot the strobe haws for the rear one in the turn signal and one the tail light.

Also i am looking for a set of mirror beams to go one the truck as well.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I would skip the Red LAWs in the foglights and put them in your reverse lights instead. As for the tint strip affecting your lights, it shouldn't purple it up but will diminish output. I would recommend at TIR style bar vs LIN. The TIRs will punch through the tint better.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I have strobe haws for the rear already. I will keep it in mine when i go to order my interior bar. Thanks.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
id rather see an exterior mounted TA. Something like a strobesNmore Dual color E6, mounted right to the rear cross bar.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Why not do something like the SNM E42 in each back window? Do you really need a t/a? I have a 911ep mounted to the roof rack and most people dpo not even notice it up there

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Not even little holes under the weatherstripping for straps?

I did that with my Millennium on my 2001 2500HD... siliconed them up and no troubles

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Strapping the bar is not the issue it is the massive power cable. It is as big around as a nickel way to big to close in the door. I have thought about rewiring the inside and use a small gang of wire seeing how i only really need 3 wires in the cab minus the grounds which i could probably get away with grounding to the roof rack. In short i refuse to drill a whole or in this case holes for the light bar wires.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
ParkerFF1 said:
Strapping the bar is not the issue it is the massive power cable. It is as big around as a nickel way to big to close in the door. I have thought about rewiring the inside and use a small gang of wire seeing how i only really need 3 wires in the cab minus the grounds which i could probably get away with grounding to the roof rack. In short i refuse to drill a whole or in this case holes for the light bar wires.

I understand! I lucked out, the Millennium uses 4 small wires (two separate cables) And I was able to run them under the weatherstripping, down next to the windshield, and under the fender to the firewall.

FIRE

May 14, 2012
Ky
I had a 2003 with the window strip, I didn't notice much of a color change in the red (made it dull) but the white had a light blue tint, when I got a chance I replaced it with 2004 windshield (no blue strip). This was with a code 3 supervisor which set fairly low for a interior bar, a higher bar would be in the darker blue tint.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Certainly get a TIR style optic for the supervisor bar(I'd say Pegasus or Starburst Phantom are my two favorites.) For the rear sides, just depends on how big you want to go. I like the Python400's and plan on putting them in that spot on my Suburban. As for the LAWs/HAWs... Feniex Fairies hands down.

Rear... mount a 8head or so chameleon stick up on the rack. mount it underneath and it won't be to bad. That way you have the amber T/A and a warning bar all in one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.