Organ Transport Vehicles

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
My buddy is a Marion County (Indiana) special deputy assigned to a major metro hospital. On occasion, he is required to run code with organs or medical supplies from one facility to another. He just uses his squad car...

TriStateems

May 30, 2011
Pa
This is my Chief's car. I own a small ambualnce company. We have 2 suv's and 3 ambulances. We do event medical, Cancer and Hospice Emergency transport along with emergency transport of organs and transplant teams to an from our local hospitals an airports!

Here is what it has...

Whelen responder led mini bar (red/red)

2- led whelen dual talon front upper window (red/white)

2- 4 led gen3 axitech in grill (red)

2- 4 led gen3 axitech intersections (white)

2- federal led 3300 rear bumper coners (red)

2- led whelen dual talon in rear window (red/red)

2- axitech led amber license plate mounted

all amber led gen3 traffic advisor

Dual sirens 1- whelen 295 1- whelen gamma with powercall & mech Q

If you would like to see the rest of the fleet I can post as well.

04 saturn vue

01 dodge ram

96 ford e-350 type 2

97 ford e-350 type 3

99 ford e-450 type 3

Photo0597.jpg

Photo0594.jpg

Photo0595.jpg

Photo0521ss.JPG

EMS_Installer

Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
TriStateems said:
This is my Chief's car. I own a small ambualnce company. We have 2 suv's and 3 ambulances. We do event medical, Cancer and Hospice Emergency transport along with emergency transport of organs and transplant teams to an from our local hospitals an airports!

Here is what it has...

Whelen responder led mini bar (red/red)

2- led whelen dual talon front upper window (red/white)

2- 4 led gen3 axitech in grill (red)

2- 4 led gen3 axitech intersections (white)

2- federal led 3300 rear bumper coners (red)

2- led whelen dual talon in rear window (red/red)

2- axitech led amber license plate mounted

all amber led gen3 traffic advisor

Dual sirens 1- whelen 295 1- whelen gamma with powercall & mech Q

If you would like to see the rest of the fleet I can post as well.

04 saturn vue

01 dodge ram

96 ford e-350 type 2

97 ford e-350 type 3

99 ford e-450 type 3

I would be interested.

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
Not going to lie, but I would have a hard time pulling over for that saturn. It looks way out of place.

TriStateems

May 30, 2011
Pa
Well being if I was behind you, you cant see what am driving you see the lights & hear the sirens.. You wont know its a saturn till it passes you. 9 out of 10 times every pulls/moves over for me. These lights are set up very nice and they are bright people give me the right away which makes drving code 10 times easier. I didnt want a crown vic or tahoe or expedation because then every one starts on oh you trying to look like police an this an that. The suv was cost effective an serves its purpose well... Move over or dont, Just remember it is an emergency vehicle and you can get a ticket for not yeilding!!! :undecided:

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
TriStateems said:
I didnt want a crown vic or tahoe or expedation because then every one starts on oh you trying to look like police an this an that.

Who would think that? Not me.

Many EMS companies around here use Explorers/Expeditions/Escapes/Crown Vic's. As long as its marked for EMS, I wouldnt care if it looked like a "cop" anything. Its just another emergency vehicle.

The Saturn looks out of place though. I would think whacker first, then maybe volunteer firefighter/EMT but never a private service.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Doesn't matter if it's a Saturn, a CVPI, or a Vespa, if it works and you get there safe, that's all that matters.

Alex

May 21, 2010
Queen Creek, AZ
RL1 said:
Doesn't matter if it's a Saturn, a CVPI, or a Vespa, if it works and you get there safe, that's all that matters.

+1

I actually really like the way it looks and agree with the vehicle owner that sometimes its nice to get away from the 'standard' vehicle trends. Plus, from the sides it looks very similar to any of the newer style of SUVs on the market today.

Start another thread somewhere with the rest of your fleet, I'm curious to see the others.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I like that saturn. Its obvious! Its red! It is not pretending to be something else. And its different.

JJ7850

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
This thread got me interested as to how its handled in my area. After some researching, primarily talking to people at the hospital I found out that CORE handles all the transports. If youre unframiliar with CORE they are a team of individuals who my local hospital utilizes in cases were the patient isnt going to pull through. CORE dictates all end of life treatment. We once had an MVA in which the patient was brain dead and listed as an organ donor, the hospital called in CORE and they managed the end of life care, they pretty much took over for the hospital in all regards. They even requested my tripsheet so they could confirm all treatments we provided even down to the amount of fluid he was given enroute to the hospital. I frequently see their big white suburban parked outside the hospital with their markings on the side, I looked closely the other day and couldnt find any whacker lights on it anywhere though.

TriStateems

May 30, 2011
Pa
I am not sure where you are from, But yes in many cases if someone is an organ donor. The company will come in an help with end of life care( making sure its a right move, grief management, and burial cost, ETC). These people most often do not transport the organs. For example if organs are harvested in lets say "FLA" and the organ receiver is in "PA" they will fly the organs to "PA". But here goes the loop how do you get the organs from the hospital in FLA to the plane and then from the airport in PA to the hospital in PA. Now keep in mind these are time sensitive. I am not trying to get into a argument over my "wacker" lights. But in the city where we are based there is a lot of traffic and at least a 15 min ride from the airport to the hospital with no traffic. Not everything is balls to the wall run lights an sirens.

It would be nice for someone to appreciate things rather then criticize things because of how it looks to that person... wacker lights or no wacker lights does it change what we do, how we care, why we got involved in E.M.S. I know I got involved to help the people who need it!

I guess it doesn't matter to you that we provide this service for free, That we take the family members of the organ donor to places they may need to go, provide a place for there pets to stay( if they need), We try to do a good deed for our fellow american families. I don't care if I had 1,000 lights or no lights. I dont do it for the thrill, I do it cause I care! How many people do things for free now & days?

Just my take on this!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.