"Organised" collections out there...

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
When you guys and gals collect lightbars/beacons and all, do some of you likes to organize their collection, e.g: Only Fedsig, or Code 3 or Whelen...

An idea struck me...I was just wondering if one of you would have, for instance, ALL (or almost all) the different models of a given company made over the years up to today... (LED bars put aside for obvious $$$ reason).

That would sure be an interesting kind of "time-lapse" history of a company over the years.

You proud owners out there just have to share those pics now... ;)

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I don't have a favorite; I like them all & the rarer the cooler I think :D

For example I have 4 of 5 Aerodynics, one of which is an NYPD bar, 2 NYPD McDermott riser bars, a NOS Code 3 SD minibar....NOS Vista...

Every company made interesting stuff.

Wish I had more Mars items!

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Every company makes some interesting stuff for sure!

What I meant is not to pick only one company, but rather to have retraced a particular brand (among others)... :cool:

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
lite-em-up said:
go ahead Eric...
You wanted 1 manufacturer's full line history, right? Wait till you see this guy's collection. It'll either inensify the bug, or make you want to quit collecting all together, because you could never measure up.

Dan

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I do mostly whelen but I also have some of the "standard" federal stuff. Right now all I am buying is whelen and really odd or wacky stuff from other companies

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
dmathieu said:
You wanted 1 manufacturer's full line history, right? Wait till you see this guy's collection. It'll either inensify the bug, or make you want to quit collecting all together, because you could never measure up.

Dan

Haha, yeah... I've abandoned hope already... :cool:

Like that kid with a Wayne Gretzky poster: Someday................ :lol:

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I do mostly Whelen, with more of a focus lately on clearing out the halogens and getting the strobe stuff. Also, anything Lectric Lites is good for me. And... a touch of MARS.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
dmathieu said:

Dan
Thank you for the kind comments. its just something i have been doing since i was literally born. NO JOKE. I had to narrow it down to one company because i felt i could never collect all, from all. i like to go all in when i do something. my first lightbar was an LAPD Aerodynic model 25 and i think that kinda helped me in that direction if you know what i mean. it was all down-hill from there......... :D

MIKET2

May 24, 2010
Houston Tx.
I do mostly Federal with a moderate amount of Whelen and Mars lights. I bought all my vintage lights and

sirens within a 3 year period and well organizied in my house. :D

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I collect only squared domed lightbars, i.e. Twinsonics and code 3. I used to have some smith and wesson square domed, some dietz omni chiefs and others, but sold them all to keep it to just fedsig and code 3.

I have almost every single style and size of twinsonic ever made.

Lightbarnut

Jun 9, 2010
Palatka, Florida.
I mostly collect Federal Signal Aerodynic models, so far I have 2. Would have 3 if that dumb county VFD would get off of a NYPD Aero. I also have 1 Twinsonic(the first model)and a FHP Jetsonic. I LOVE Whelen AdvantEdges, though. I only have one, and a mini-bar.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Lightbarnut said:
I mostly collect Federal Signal Aerodynic models, so far I have 2. Would have 3 if that dumb county VFD would get off of a NYPD Aero. I also have 1 Twinsonic(the first model)and a FHP Jetsonic. I LOVE Whelen AdvantEdges, though. I only have one, and a mini-bar.
I have a few cheap advantedges up for sale....

6043ron

Jun 3, 2010
USA/Pennsylvania
I only collect Federal Signal. I have 5 Twinsonics, 3 Beacon Rays and 2 model 14's and they are all grouped together. I grew up with Federal lights so that's why I collect them.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
6043ron said:
I only collect Federal Signal. I have 5 Twinsonics, 3 Beacon Rays and 2 model 14's and they are all grouped together. I grew up with Federal lights so that's why I collect them.
is that a mx7000 above the CTS in your avatar????? :lol:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.