owl lite?

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I picked up what i thought was a tri-lite or tripp lite sealed beam beacon. Turns out its owl lite. Everything looks the same as a tripp lite except the upper lamp holder and rotator drive. I havent taken a picture yet, but the lamp holder is a double spring loaded on a hinge for each bulb. It opens upward. And its a gear drive, everything else i research is a belt drive. I paid 20$, the red dome is a solid 10/10. The tall chrome enclosed base is a good 8/10. It has a gear clamp style retaining band which i found a amver dome and same retaining band on the side of a highway. Ill get pictures in the morning, but this has me stumped. Any ideas? Says its made in fort erie. Picked it up at the barrie automotive flea market with a pair of round top da beacons and a 58" mx7000. Could hve snagged one more round top da and 2 amber lenses, whelen gaurdian and nice all 8" general electric traffic light. Ran out of cash for that day. Plus i got lots of stuff my truck needed or will need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Heres pictures. I cant fond anything like this. But it has a stratolite 77 dome, which should be the same as the star warning beacon and north american signal i beleive

20150608_023953.jpg

imagejpeg_4.jpg

1433745954925.jpg

Reactions: crescentstar69

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Looks pretty tall for aviation. Its nade in fort erie ontario. There is a company in that area called owl lite that makes barricade signals and moble traffic lights

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.