PA 15A 1E Wail sticks, need help

vista1

May 21, 2010
Nebraska
My PA 15A 1E wail function cycles up but not down, all other tones and functions work fine. Not sure what to do to fix it.

Thanks for the help!

Dan

Troubleshooting chart on page 14 in the online PDF manual for the PA15A 1E points to open capacitor C3. Page 16 of the same manual shows where to locate the faulty capacitor

http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/install/255A111.pdf

Courtesy of Federal Signal's website :cool: .

Now if they could list all their old technical manuals for us vintage light/siren collector folk, that'd rule.... :lol: :mrgreen:.

Thanks, that's it. The C3 capacitor has one elbow that goes to the board disconnected, if I try to solder it back to the capacitor would that work?

Any tips or ideas on where to get another one from. Also tips for removing old and installing new.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

I'd go to an electronic communications store in your neck of the woods and get a cross reference from the part numbers on the capacitor for a new one. I had a capacitor go bad on my PA-20A 2D, and after going to a local store in Bismarck, the fellow helping me out found the part I needed. Now it's all better :D .

Just got the new cap. put in and the wail is still going up and not coming down, any other suggestions?

Thanks for the time and help!

Dan

The capacitor was the problem, the new one works perfect! I hadn't soldered it properly once I installed it.

Thanks for all of the help!

Dan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381