PA-200 Siren Value?

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Hey all. Just picked this puppy up and was wondering what it is worth. It is in exceptionally clean condition and the paint on the cover is all original. (Stll has the factory decals with the bolt size for the bracket bolts) Face is clean as is the bottom and back and it still has the original serial number plate. No bracket or plugs, but I did test it and it works perfectly. Any info is appreciated. Thanks! :)

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_Elightbars_DSCF5812.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_Elightbars_DSCF5810.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_Elightbars_DSCF5807.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_Elightbars_DSCF5811.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_DSCF5814.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_DSCF5813.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
You can live w/o a bracket, but you've gotta have the cable to make it work, if it does. The PA200 was one of Federal's best, aside from the Interceptors and Directors. If you can find a plug from an Interceptor, it will work to see if the siren works. If it works you should get $50 to $75, but not much more. If it doesn't work you've got a pretty boat anchor. :p

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I agree with Skip. If it works I think $75 would be fair on the higher end, $100 if it was complete with bracket and plug. Looks like it is in good condition!

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Skip Goulet said:
The PA200 was one of Federal's best, aside from the Interceptors and Directors. If you can find a plug from an Interceptor, it will work to see if the siren works. If it works you should get $50 to $75, but not much more.

The PA200 is actually a better quality siren than the Director and Interceptor models. It is built better and it has a removable circuit board for ease of maintenance. It was in production from about 1974 to 1989. According to my 1985 Federal price list, the retail price for a PA200 was $514.00.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Thanks for the information guys. I did test it (opened it up and used trusty alligator clips to power it up and connect the speaker) and it works perfectly. I'm in a quandary about selling it since it is clean. Not sure whether to let it go or put it up in the collection. :)

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
PC Comms said:
Thanks for the information guys. I did test it (opened it up and used trusty alligator clips to power it up and connect the speaker) and it works perfectly. I'm in a quandary about selling it since it is clean. Not sure whether to let it go or put it up in the collection. :)

If it works, why put it up in a collection. There are a number of board members, I'm sure, who'd love to have a good working model. If you find a mic for it, that would add to the price a bit, too, if you decide to sell it.

I've used the PA200s in my ambulances over the years, as well as my POVs when I've used them for first response, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better siren. I'm not sure how old this one is, but the later models were switchable up to 200 watts. And just like some of the Interceptors and Directors, the selector could be hung between tones to get those funky sounds.

k9veteran

Dec 18, 2013
Dallas Texas
So does anyone know exactly what years (First and last) the PA200 was made. I want to say 73 was the first year. I specifically remember the PA200 because of the GREEN light that illuminated the control panel at night. Dallas went to the PA170 modular system but that was not until 76 or 77 ?

THANKS ! :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
k9veteran said:
So does anyone know exactly what years (First and last) the PA200 was made. I want to say 73 was the first year. I specifically remember the PA200 because of the GREEN light that illuminated the control panel at night. Dallas went to the PA170 modular system but that was not until 76 or 77 ?

THANKS ! :crazy:

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It was 1974 to 1989. The PA200 enjoyed the longest production run (without any major changes) among all the old Federal electronic sirens with analog circuitry.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.