PA-300 help

RoadKill

Jul 18, 2017
Houston, TX
Hello, I'm looking for help. I have a PA-300 Series 690000 that randomly turns on when power is applied. It has surprised me a few times when I start the truck. It works properly most of the time, but sometimes it peaks and holds while in manual mode. The other tones work properly, except Hi-Lo. When the siren is malfunctioning, the Air Horn sounds in Hi-Lo. All jumpers are in the correct positions. wiring is good. Power is through a cigarette lighter that remains plugged in. No horn ring is installed. Radio rebroadcast is connected to a 3.5mm audio plug for iPod/CD player input. Thank you in advance for any help!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
wire it properly before you burn your vehicle down... the power outlet is not safe, i melted a plug on a ms4000 years ago trying that...

RoadKill

Jul 18, 2017
Houston, TX
I double fused it with a heavy duty plug. The plug doesn't even get warm. I blew a Y-plug with the same PA a while back and rewired it. I'm expecting a take-home ride and don't want to permanently install this unit.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.