Pair of NOS Federal Signal CJ-284 Lights. Value?

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Hey all. I'm heading out tomorrow to look at a pair of NOS CJ-284s, still in the boxes, with red domes and (supposedly) the speakers still in them. Looking to get an idea of what they are worth with and without (just in case) the speakers. I saw one website selling a NOS red one and asking $500 for it. I really don't want to overpay for these if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
According to the 1985 Federal price list, a CJ284 was $520. If you can buy both of them for less than that, you've got a steal of a deal.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Wailer said:
According to the 1985 Federal price list, a CJ284 was $520. If you can buy both of them for less than that, you've got a steal of a deal.

Two things:

1. Nothing sells for recommended list price, even then.

2. The question is going to be what are they worth to a collector. No one is going to buy them to use.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Well, I'm supposed to speak with the person who has them some time today. I'll let you all know how I made out. Got your message Ryan. I'll let you know.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frenchman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.