parents sent video of child's deadly accident

Anyone else hear lawsuit ringing in the distance???

The link wont play the vid (for me anyway)... But that is horrible... And yes, I also hear the pitter patter of little lawsuit feet... LoL

Humm...I have a lot to say about this video and about the accompanying news report.

First off, this video should never have been taken. Laws were broken...its called HIPPA. The personnel who took this video should be dealt with appropriately.

Second, to the family. We carry cell phones and personally I do not think I should be able to be told if I can have one or not, especially when I'm volunteering my time. Also, has this family never though of radio communication problems? We use cell phones all the time to call the hospital or dispatch if we need to pass on sensitive information in a secure manner. Also, this family, I'm guessing, has never been to an accident scene. You are supposed to worry about the scene as a whole, not just the patient. Putting the blinders on gets you hurt or even killed too...that does no one any good. Also, you do not need to be hyped up to get things done. I do not know what happened exactly on scene, but how does the family know that someone had not already declared their daughter deceased? That would change the way things are conducted.

I'm not trying to say that the family doesn't have the right to be upset. I would be furious and hurt if it were my loved one. I just think that everyone needs to quit thinking they know everything and the media needs to quit enticing it all because it makes for a good news story on a slow day.

I also agree...I hear a lawsuit coming.

I hear lawsuit coming, I heard in the video that they were talking about missing body parts. Im sure the injury were not condusive with life. We have had fatal accidents and you check the patient and find them dead and you move on to the rest of the scene. I am pissed that these guys took video and passed it around, They should be thrown right out of the department. Its crazy to be getting in trouble for stupid stuff like this....

I would be upset as well. No need for a video. I have taken pictures of accidents after the patient has been removed, and we're in the clean up stage, but never any vids.

The parants do have a right to be upset, but obviously have no clue of emergency services. Ban cell phones on scene?? Come on

TritonBoulder47 said:
And yes, I also hear the pitter patter of little lawsuit feet... LoL

I love the way you said that!

Why is everyone's first thought to make some new law to keep people from doing something that is common sense? God forbid that these firefighters just made a very poor choice and that they personally should be dealt with. We don't need anymore BS laws in this country.

EVT said:
Why is everyone's first thought to make some new law to keep people from doing something that is common sense? God forbid that these firefighters just made a very poor choice and that they personally should be dealt with. We don't need anymore BS laws in this country.
I agree

The cable news reported today that the firefighter, employed by the Spalding Fire Department, was terminated for "conduct unbecoming a public employee". That still does not address whether the family will sue the firefighter and the department/governmental entity, and like many ELB members, I feel there are grounds for a civil lawsuit.

Police and Fire Departments, EMS, and security agencies all need to revise their policies and be certain the employee or members manual contains warnings about pictures or video recordings without consent or for improper purposes and uses.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... 04083.html

I hear about this everyday on the radio & every time I say out loud to myself JFC WTF was this fuckhead thinking. It really pisses me off. He should have known better even if it is something the department never hammered into his head. I know we are hurting for man power but I would rather do something by myself than have someone like this in my department. Come on people use some common sense. I agree the law idea is ridiculous though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381