parts to build a freedom bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Looking for an IO board or ULF flashers cheap. open to Any led flasher ideas.

Old:

Looking specifically for a frame and lens kit that will hold 400s or 700 series lights and prefably a clear lens kit. Needs to be around 48", mounting feet a plus.

Someone help me out and chime in with what series of frames will work. I'll do some searching as well

So wanted list as of now.

Found

Found-frame 46"-54"-found

-mounting feet for said frame.

-lens kit clear or clear with some blue acceptable

Last edited by a moderator:

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Interested PM me with a prices.

Forgot to mention shipping is to NY and the cheaper the better.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I have a freedom frame with internal wire harness and IO board and feet, it also has several of the 9M style mounting tabs.

I dont have clear lenses or end caps, but i have a crap load of blue lenses

Ill work a trade with you on some module color changes if you pay the shipping

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I have an all blue freedom.
With a freedom price tag I assume?

Looking to have fun and build a bar. Looking to do as much trading of my services as possible towards the light. Right now the only blinkies I would be interested in being included are 4 standard corners.

As far as electronics go I'm leaning towards using a liberty I/O board because of the options and flash patterns.

I have a handful of 700 series already so those will be used instead of collecting dust. I am also in the design phase of creating my own lightheads for bar use (non-standalone, dumb heads)

So update on needs, I'm looking to put in as few as dollars possible. I will trade dollar for dollar my services for your parts. Whatever your bill would be for conversion I will use towards buying your parts

Parts

Found-4-standard 400 series corners-found

Pending-I think everything else is pending currently.

-Frame-I believe I want a standard edge frame (whatever one is easier to find endcaps for)

and feet to fit it

Clear lens-don't have to be perfect I'm willing to do some buffing. -

Not too worried about internals at this point.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Pm sent MEV

Thanks for the info shues. Not sure how I'm gonna flash it but there's plenty of options. Ulf44, liberty io, custom flashers. Etc.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Frame, corners, and lenses established. Thanks sparky!

Updated original

Looking for something to make lights flash. IO from a liberty or freedom, ULF flasher. Ambulance flasher, what's hiding in the closet. No serial control. Already have a whelen 295 head mounted and I don't want to do it again.

Also on the back burner would be some 6/3 400s

As always willing to do some trading of my services.

Reactions: Sparky_911

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The Freedom uses black lighthead brackets to accommodate 400-series and 700-series lightheads. They look something like this:

ai.imgur.com_yypyW3R.png

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I have an edge frame and have been using the white standoffs. I'd assume the black ones would fit, I could always fabricate some of the white ones, just checking to see if anyone had some.

uploadfromtaptalk1419859230124.jpg

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
White is the old style used in the 9000. The black is the update model. AFAIK, they are interchangeable.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Thankyou for the info. I figured they were since the dimensions of the frame height didn't change.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Wilson. That frame came from ChargerLighting, you might check with him. He had close to 100 EDGEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.