Pathetic copy of a lightbar!

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
Look at this really crummy version of the Streethawk bar. :-?

How could anyone be duped into buying one of these? Also, notice how the middle TDs are sitting on the roof! :eek: And those lower level flashers simply suck!

How hard is it to mount the reflector so the filament of the bulb is in the reflector's sweet spot?!?

Anyway, its worth a laugh.

ssgmyers

Jul 4, 2010
Canton, Ohio
This is a joke right? That has to be the worst output of a lightbar I have ever seen. Well Boston, hope you know where your tax dollars are going for equipment for the police department.

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
ssgmyers said:
This is a joke right? That has to be the worst output of a lightbar I have ever seen. Well Boston, hope you know where your tax dollars are going for equipment for the police department.

Some what I guess....those two cars were put together for the movie industry. You can easily tell based on the surrounding trucks/setting/background. Old CVPI with drilled holes in the trunks, no license plates, no cages, etc.

Regarding the light's, we'll you get what you pay for.....I take it this production company doesn't care if the cars look authentic because to the best of my recollection BPD has never ever used Streethawk's on their cars.

chiefolson

Jul 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
TJW said:
those two cars were put together for the movie industry.

This point may be exactly why the output of the lights is what it is. How many times have you seen small black dots on the lens of a rotating lightbar so that there was no direct flash into the camera lens, but still got the "effect" of the light flashing. I've had a Code 3 DeckBlaster for years (don't use it anymore), but if it was a bright and recognizable as the one used in the CSI Miami Hummers, it would have been sold to the highest bidder at the VFD the very next night.

Just a thought....

Jon

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
Yeah, being that i'm from Boston I can tell you that isn't anywhere near what a BPD cruiser looks like... so I am going the movie theory :)

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
I would say they've reduced the voltage to the lightbar bulb to reduce glare for the cameras.

That said, I've seen a similar bar, in amber/white, on a local construction traffic control company truck and it's beyond awful. The OE hazard, 4-way, flashers are actually brighter/more effective! Same company also has a couple of china LED bars on other trucks that are pretty ordinary, funny enough the company owner had a genuine Whelen liberty on his personal pickup at one stage.

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
I checked his youtube page and here is his response to a post from someone ripping on the bar:

Firstly this was done for the Film Industry they have do not want the full light output to be avail so we use lower wattage 20&25W bulbs.

The Reason why you do not want the light output to be full power is simply due to the cameras having issues with focusing.

That is the reason why.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
wfdstation42 said:
I checked his youtube page and here is his response to a post from someone ripping on the bar:

Firstly this was done for the Film Industry they have do not want the full light output to be avail so we use lower wattage 20&25W bulbs.

The Reason why you do not want the light output to be full power is simply due to the cameras having issues with focusing.

That is the reason why.

That was my post, I was rippin on the bar! i was bashing all of them haha

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
He had a 5MM LED version of the "COUGAR" bar and it was one of the most stupid lights ever it was pretty much 10 little speed tech lights somehow mounted in there.

found it

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
ChargerLighting said:
The white bases might be nice to make a Firehawk foundation :)

Yeah, the problem is though that the real Streethawk lenses and domes will not fit on the aftermarket bar. Believe me, I tried it in reverse thinking I found a really cheap source for domes. :-(

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Station 3 said:
He had a 5MM LED version of the "COUGAR" bar and it was one of the most stupid lights ever it was pretty much 10 little speed tech lights somehow mounted in there.

found it

I tried to post a comment on that, turns out im blocked!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Looks like they are using 1156 bulbs for all the rotators and lower level lights in that Wolo bar :?. Good bulbs for display lightbars, but not for actual emergency use. Some 795 halogens in place of the 1156s would double the output of the whole bar. Why they are using the lower wattage bulbs for a full bar is not the smartest choice.

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Well. Didn't the lot of you get owned.

wfdstation42 said:

That is the reason why.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.