Wanted PCDS9 and arrowstick control

Nov 30, 2019
aberdeen south dakota
Hello all I'm on the prowl for a pcds9 control and arrowstick controller for my sdhp whelen edge 9000 with TA, if anyone has one let me know please I would love to put this bar back into working order, it's a diagnostic series controller main power wired are the usual red and black and it has the red and black small diameter 2 wire harness this is the bar I have and the serial control board, or if someone has a board, control ect, so it has the same configuration that may work 2 let me know please

Attachments

• 4b52ddb99a95f3118e9eef51b03323d8.jpg
    4b52ddb99a95f3118e9eef51b03323d8.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240518_192203.jpg
    20240518_192203.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello all I'm on the prowl for a pcds9 control and arrowstick controller for my sdhp whelen edge 9000 with TA, if anyone has one let me know please I would love to put this bar back into working order, it's a diagnostic series controller main power wired are the usual red and black and it has the red and black small diameter 2 wire harness this is the bar I have and the serial control board, or if someone has a board, control ect, so it has the same configuration that may work 2 let me know please
Hi,
I do have an Arrowstick and several Arrowstick controllers for sale. They're used but worked when pulled out of service. Let me know.
Thanks,
Joe

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Somewhere in the serial thread we discussed which variant this was I think.

What other options were on the pcds9 for SDHP controller so I can keep my eyes peeled...

Nov 30, 2019
aberdeen south dakota

What other options were on the pcds9 for SDHP controller so I can keep my eyes peeled...

Hey John,

The options our bars had are rear arrowstick, passenger side td, left and right allys, drivers side front halogen flasher, 6 strobes to the front and 2 rear, I know the pic I post isn't the greatest but it shows the options the best

Attachments

• 4b52ddb99a95f3118e9eef51b03323d8.jpg
    4b52ddb99a95f3118e9eef51b03323d8.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2019
aberdeen south dakota
Hey John,

The options our bars had are rear arrowstick, passenger side td, left and right allys, drivers side front halogen flasher, 6 strobes to the front and 2 rear, I know the pic I post isn't the greatest but it shows the options the best
Here's some better photos of the edge set up we used

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240603_232630_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240603_232630_Chrome.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240603_232506_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240603_232506_Chrome.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Hey John,

That's good info, but I think the options listed on the switch box specifically help with the search more. Do you remember how the buttons were labeled? That's often the best way to find the right model serial control used. The Ohio bar for example I located the switch box by matching the order of the switch options on the box.

Vermont

Ohio's
1_912da35250ce6d4f5776ef6eecfabc7d.jpg

Other
unks.PNG

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019
aberdeen south dakota
That's good info, but I think the options listed on the switch box specifically help with the search more. Do you remember how the buttons were labeled? That's often the best way to find the right model serial control used. The Ohio bar for example I located the switch box by matching the order of the switch options on the box.

Vermont

Ohio's
View attachment 251637

Other
View attachment 251638

Nov 30, 2019
aberdeen south dakota
John looking at the YouTube videos the Vermont setup is virtually identical to the south dakota set up other than the amber flasher on the front
It's been ages since I have seen a control for ours but I would bet its identical to Vermonts setup I'm working on contacting a couple of fire depts that recieved these bars when the hp phased them out and went to led to see if I can locate a photo of their control head but I'm not against going with a different setup if it works in a similar fashion

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
John looking at the YouTube videos the Vermont setup is virtually identical to the south dakota set up other than the amber flasher on the front
That's a good start. Do you know if the arrow bar was controlled from the pcds9 or was there a separate controller? You could actually run the arrow from the pcds 9 if you wanted theoretically. The Vermont control boxes are able to be found somewhat easily, it may well be a good stand in.

The serial controls were pretty specific... the other option is to build a non-serial bar and control it with a non-serial box of the same style.

Nov 30, 2019
aberdeen south dakota
That's a good start. Do you know if the arrow bar was controlled from the pcds9 or was there a separate controller? You could actually run the arrow from the pcds 9 if you wanted theoretically. The Vermont control boxes are able to be found somewhat easily, it may well be a good stand in.

The serial controls were pretty specific... the other option is to build a non-serial bar and control it with a non-serial box of the same style.
I believe they were run separately but I'm not for sure but if I could get my hands on a Vermont box just to get it going would be awsome. But I also wouldn't be against conversion to a non serial bar either

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I believe they were run separately but I'm not for sure but if I could get my hands on a Vermont box just to get it going would be awsome. But I also wouldn't be against conversion to a non serial bar either

Your mileage will vary significantly with using a box not meant for the bar. I have seen 90% success and also complete failure in doing this. The serial boxes were bar specific and even if the options are similar the box and bar can be completely incompatible. As far as making it non-serial, that's not hard... I have a non-serial version of the box (and others are available). The issue would just be whether you want to alter things that much. If we could figure out the layout of the box I am pretty sure we could track down a serial version. hmmm....

Nov 30, 2019
aberdeen south dakota
Your mileage will vary significantly with using a box not meant for the bar. I have seen 90% success and also complete failure in doing this. The serial boxes were bar specific and even if the options are similar the box and bar can be completely incompatible. As far as making it non-serial, that's not hard... I have a non-serial version of the box (and others are available). The issue would just be whether you want to alter things that much. If we could figure out the layout of the box I am pretty sure we could track down a serial version. hmmm....
Ok I have some info I could make out on that bar it is a model 9906 and I have the serial number of the bar that about all I could make out would this help at all trying to locate a control that would work

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junior4586

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.