"Phantom Products?"

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
MtnMan said:
Home of Phantom Covert Military Lighting and Law Enforcement Lights

Anyone heard of them? Apparently, they sell lights, but they're soooo milspec and tacticool that you need security clearance to even view their products. :rolleyes:

Never heard of 'em, and TBH I'm not gonna waste my time registering just to see what they have...the grammar mistakes on the first page of their site are enough to convince me I don't want anything to do with 'em.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have an aircraft dual par 36 beacon in cie blue. It looks cheap, but so donthe mars lights built under military contracts.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
If your "PRESENCE" is "covert", how can "everyone know"?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
arsenal10 said:
Found this on YouTube. Nothing to write home about.

Ok that's nice.A 35 sec. video at close range.

I can do that with the cheap chinesse 1156 bulbs I bought off Ebay (long story don't ask).

How about 35 secs. worth at about a 100 ft.

Bet they loose it at that range and start to mix or can't see them at all.

Not impressed the least little bit on those. :nono:

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
arsenal10 said:
Found this on YouTube. Nothing to write home about.

THAT is a nice demonstration of split-fail!

I do have to give 'em props, though, for what appears to be an innovative lens design: two center "straight/dead ahead" lenses like a Tomar RECT-14, and the two outer ones appear to resemble the Feniex Apollo or other "light house" style spreader lenses. Put that lens set-up in front of a quality built light, and I'd be all over it!

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
JazzDad said:
If your "PRESENCE" is "covert", how can "everyone know"?

If they told you, they'd have to kill you.

I really want to join the club and get the invisible secret decoder ring, but I fear my credentials are aren't up to spec. They "don't just sell this stuff to anyone with a Crown Vic" and I don't even have a Crown Vic.

Who's gonna try out for the Phantom Tactical Advisory Board?

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
OK, I took the plunge and signed up. I may not be able to give any info out due to the 'covert and clandestine' nature of the company, but we shall see...

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Kevin K. said:
Or ... you can simply do a Google search and yield the results you're seeking.

http://www.phantomlights.com/files/02202013.pdf

These warning lights are BEAST. Check out the BeastBar.

:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Yea, with some duct tape, epoxy, super glue, diodes, and wire, I could probably come up with my own warning light 100x more effective.

Nothing to see here folks, move along............

May 10, 2012
New England
Wow, I dealt with this company a loooooong time ago! I didn't even realize the name until I looked at the .pdf that Kevin K. shared. The very top flashlight, with the yellow body, was made on the same mold as their "Phantom Warrior" flashlight, developed in part by an Army unit I served in. I still have mine and use it all the time to light my way around the house at night without waking up my fiancee. I came to love it when working night shift on a city PD, it was great for looking for things inside a dark cruiser without being visible, as the light operates at very low power and the beam output is adjusted with a funny sliding thumb switch. The reflector portion slides back and forth, controlling how much of the bulb is exposed, and thus the light output.

I do recall that even back then they had the silly "vetting process" for their "exclusive pricing and availability." But the product that was the end result got very mixed reviews I believe it was not widely-loved.

For reasons never explained, when they shipped the lights, they included a wintergreen Lifesaver candy in each package. I am not kidding. It was very strange.

The worst part was that there was nowhere to store the filters, and they were TINY, and most were lost quickly.

I did like how it had an IR LED offset from the main beam, which was as easy to activate as reversing the batteries.

I wonder if anyone else ever made such a design.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
NorthernPhoenix said:
For reasons never explained, when they shipped the lights, they included a wintergreen Lifesaver candy in each package. I am not kidding. It was very strange.

Chew them in the dark and they sparkle. Old camp counselor trick.

What that has to do with super secret covert lighting... beats me.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
NorthernPhoenix said:
... they included a wintergreen Lifesaver candy in each package. ...

Well, there's my incentive. :hahano:

I got an item once that was packed in marshmallows. After I ate the whole box, I realized they were Styrofoam packing chunks. They we're too bad, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
leftcoastmark said:
I hear that some people call those "cheese curds".

Some look like "white chedder cheese puffs".

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.