Philadelphia Police T-13, Truck enforcement

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
03 Dodge Durango..........was back up unmarked vehicle for the mayor of Phila. sent t us with 32000 miles on it. The city installed the COde 3 dome light. Me and my partner installed the rest on our down time.

Code 3 RX2700 lightbar with lower foot mounted lights and amber directional leds

4 Code 3 LED X lights on push bumber

6 Code 3 LED X deck light mounted to angle iron.R/B/R/B/R/B

2 Code 3 LED X lights on yailgate with bezels painted white

RLS remote siren with Federal speaker

2 TIR3 on rearview mirrors

2 TIR3 on tag mounted bracket

HAW in reverse light and in front tuurn signal

also has LOJACK installed, Police MDT, DOT Computer, printer,large power inverter, 4 truck scales, external drop light, creeper, 2 sets chocks,library full of reference books.

phl1299.jpg

t13a.jpg

t13b.jpg

t13c.jpg

t13d.jpg

t13e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
We added all those rear lights because it was hard to see the roof light over the Durangos hump in the roof........after we installed the lights, we were able to raise the domelight up a few inches with some rubber feet from an old street hawk bar. And also for working US#1,PA#63and PA#291 you need all the lights you can get.

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
exphillycop said:
We added all those rear lights because it was hard to see the roof light over the Durangos hump in the roof........after we installed the lights, we were able to raise the domelight up a few inches with some rubber feet from an old street hawk bar. And also for working US#1,PA#63and PA#291 you need all the lights you can get.

That rear hump is a bitch. Nice set-up. I am glad the highway commander allowed you to actually redue the truck.

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Nice old Durango, I just sold my 01 last year. Great truck but a gas guzzler! Thanks for posting. :D

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
ff168577 said:
That rear hump is a bitch. Nice set-up. I am glad the highway commander allowed you to actually redue the truck.

Yes, as long as we used existing city owned lights. The fleet manager ok'ed it for officer saftey reasons. (couldnt see the lights from rear)

mayhemnyc

Nov 8, 2010
NYC
Nice truck, I think I may have seen it while going down to Philly for a cheesesteak run last year. Always fun to see another board member's work in person.

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
mayhemnyc said:
Nice truck, I think I may have seen it while going down to Philly for a cheesesteak run last year. Always fun to see another board member's work in person.

Thank you......except I don't work there anymore.....moved to Florida and now trying to set up my new depts cars....

mayhemnyc

Nov 8, 2010
NYC
Looking at those palm trees makes me miss being in Florida on vacation. Can't wait to go back.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.