pic request of switch setups

b1gb0y

Oct 6, 2010
Michigan
i would like to see how you guys mounted your swithes in your povs... preferably ones the have floor mounted shifters

if any of you have pics of a pov third gen cavalier those would help to

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Custom switch panel for 2011 Sienna. Whelen Duel siren , 1510 Grover Air Horn and lights

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_medic8siren.jpg

Custom Switch panel for 2010 Sienna.

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_RH_132SwitchandPM1500.jpg

Cencom in roof.

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_car778.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_Lahconsol.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_car7718.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_lafeds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
b1gb0y said:
i would like to see how you guys mounted your swithes in your povs... preferably ones the have floor mounted shifters
if any of you have pics of a pov third gen cavalier those would help to

If you haven't seen this yet, Look at it. It is our new switch panel system. It requires no depth to mount, is water proof, chemical resitant, and programmable. plus nothing to break off when you hit it with your knee... :)

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_100_2319.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_100_2317.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_100_2316.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_100_2192.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_37.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_23.jpg

bfd740

Jul 4, 2010
Babylon, NY
ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d10_IRTc_Alex_switches2.jpg

First: Rear

Second: Grille/Front HAW

Third: Dash

Fourth: "Extra" not connected to anything, this way it's there if I ever want to use it.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
63truck23engine said:
Here is my switch set up if you have space below your head unit you could put your switches there.

ai530.photobucket.com_albums_dd347_TRUCKMAN63_MY_20TRUCK_IMG_0732_3_1.jpg

This is one of the best switchboxes I have ever owned!

Lt. Dino

May 24, 2010
Georgetown, USA
WIRED HDH said:
If you haven't seen this yet, Look at it. It is our new switch panel system. It requires no depth to mount, is water proof, chemical resitant, and programmable. plus nothing to break off when you hit it with your knee... :)

]

Me likey!!!!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Heres how I had me Galls XL200 mounted in my '95 Tahoe... It fit nicely into the overhead console, and I secured it with some wire on the back side...

sorry for the shitty pic...

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Vehicles_XL200.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
FireEMSPolice said:
Wow! Where did he get that?

A friend of mine on the Avanalche forum makes them... BUt last I heard he stopped making them cause he doesn't have the time anymore with his new job... Which sucks cause I was going to designe one fairly soon... LOL

Basically, its a sheet of 1/8" plexy that has a black coating on the one side. Then he has a plotting/engraving machine that does the designs, labels, and mount points for switches...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
i had one of those flat touch ones i bought at auto zone for 20 bucks did a good job until my truck was involed in a roll over and i lost it lol

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Station 3 said:
i had one of those flat touch ones i bought at auto zone for 20 bucks did a good job until my truck was involed in a roll over and i lost it lol

those switches are pretty neat and i use those a lot too!

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Station 3 said:

Fast LT1 said:
those switches are pretty neat and i use those a lot too!

I am not going to lie, I hate it when people compare ours to the auozone one :duh: :) , Yeah, Kinda similar, but different. Different company, different theory on products. The autozone one is simple, made in china, and with cheap materials thus they can make a 20-30 dollar product. :hopeless: But I guess if you like that one, You will love ours! and if you have had bad luck with the autozone one, don't relate it to ours, :nono: they are not built equal.

We had planned ours to withstand a bit more abuse:bonk:

Ours is built in the USA with materials that are much high quality then the autozone one. It is water proof (both the keypad and controller), UV resistant, Has indicators above the switch,is made with steel domes for the switch instead of an air pocket, Comes with 600 legends, an installation kit, is programmable, has auto current limiting, Low voltage protection, AUX inputs, much better connection between the keypad and controller, etc, etc, etc.... Of course this makes it a much higher cost, but we don't like producing crap stuff...

so yes they are similar, but way different! :) :crazy:

If you want the real thing, Get the WIRED HDH one. :)

I don't know why i used so many Smilies, Just felt right at the time :dielaugh:

Patrick

lagunagrande

Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Here is mine, in a dodge ram.

Where I mounted my siren-

ai52.tinypic.com_2rrs8rr.jpg

My grille lights-

ai56.tinypic.com_2qmojt0.jpg

And my light bar controller is above my rearview mirror.

RES318CUE

Nov 5, 2010
NY, USA
This is where i mounted my Galls XL400 switchbox in my 94 Ranger. There really aren't many places for mounting in it.... so i ended up making my own mount. I got a project box from radioshack, and hid all of the wires (THERE ARE A TON) in there... and mounted it directly to that. Did the best i could to "hide" all my wires with the cover's, but dosent look nearly as good as the ones above. My problem was running all my positives and negatives and hiding those wires....

IMG_5584.JPG

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5587.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Well i'll add my two rides since i know how to do this pic from phone to PC thing...

i took these pics last night so they arent that great. Ill take day time pics when it gets warmer.

This is in my 93 F150. This is where the lil cubby hole used to be. This is a 6 gang switch panel i bought from J C Whitney many moons ago in the RV section. Unfortunately these panels are no longer available in the 6 gang selection just 2 and 4 now.

[Broken External Image]:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/military_dude69/0202112308.jpg

In order.

1. a set of driving lights under the rear bumper as back up lights

2. scanner

3. front driving lights

4. back lighting for sw300 in havis consolidator (its what the cb is mounted to in 1st pic)

5. HLF trigger

6. open. (I've owned to of this panels and they both seem to have this switch as a "momentary" switch they never latch all the way on.

[Broken External Image]:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/military_dude69/0202112307.jpg

Now the Kia.

for these two switches i took out the tabs in the dash that are removable and had the switches moutned in those panels that way i dont have to replace the dash if i sell the carand i dont have to rip the dash apart to get to the switches i just re pop the panels back out.(much easier to do)

This switch is on left side of steering wheel, its for my dash light.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_0202112310a.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_0202112309.jpg

This switch is in an oval popout tab that im guessing where the original switch would have been for the foglights from where this vehicle is based out of. it actualy has 2 real switches that look similar to this one in the center of the dash. 1 for rear defrost and 1 for hazard lights)

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_0202112310.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_0202112309a.jpg

Thunder

Jan 1, 2011
Illinois
I apologize for the dirty car and poor quality images. It snowed more than a foot the other day and well, I don't feel like cleaning out the car with more snow on the way. It's a '02 Cavalier. The switch box is home made from radio shack. This car is just a get-through-the-next-year car, so I'm not too heavily invested in the install. My next vehicle will have a much nicer set up.

ai330.photobucket.com_albums_l413_Riverrat2_2008_IMG_1038.jpg

ai330.photobucket.com_albums_l413_Riverrat2_2008_IMG_1037.jpg

ai330.photobucket.com_albums_l413_Riverrat2_2008_Cavalier005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
06 Charger R/T. There is a small, useless cubbyhole on the dash in the no NAV radio models. I fabbed up a custom switchplate for it.

ai142.photobucket.com_albums_r81_AuxBigWil_097.jpg

Lt. Dino

May 24, 2010
Georgetown, USA
Blade Runner said:
Where'd you get that switch panel? That's badass!!

Billet Technology. They make a lot for Chrysler products. http://www.billettechnology.com/

Buy the switches, draw it out with any engraving you want, and mail it to 'em. I traced the outline of that storage pocket onto a piece of card stock. I laid out the switches how I wanted 'em and even made the cut outs. That way, I knew it would fit into the area. Mailed it all to 'em and a month or so later (I mailed it the week before Thanksgiving, so the holidays delayed it a little) I got it back. It comes with 3M double sided tape on the back.

DJLeaven32

Jan 10, 2011
Mass
2008 Ford Fusion

Red Switch is for my siren (wail and yelp)

Black switch is a monentary switch for my siren(Air horn and phaser)

Red and bule switch for my light set up

New Imagejj.jpg

medic550

May 24, 2010
pa usa
This is a Jottodesk console mounted in my 04 Tahoe. Switches are for Front Led, Rear Led, Strobes, HLF, Siren Power, Then Up/Down switches for mode. I have since changed the bracket for the Middle radio to the correct bracket.

Frank

ai757.photobucket.com_albums_xx219_medic550_DSC00078.jpg

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
medic550 said:
This is a Jottodesk console mounted in my 04 Tahoe. Switches are for Front Led, Rear Led, Strobes, HLF, Siren Power, Then Up/Down switches for mode. I have since changed the bracket for the Middle radio to the correct bracket.

Frank

ai757.photobucket.com_albums_xx219_medic550_DSC00078.jpg

Does (or did) your Tahoe have factory-mounted cupholders attached to the front of the OEM console? I've been looking for an equipment console that can be installed in my 2007 GMC Sierra without having to either remove the OEM console or bolting one onto the center hump.

This Jotto Desk console appears to be the solution; however, I cannot tell if it'll clear the OEM cupholders and the mounting plates will work with the OEM console still in place.

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
WIRED HDH said:

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_100_2319.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_100_2317.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_100_2316.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_100_2192.jpg

ai1096.photobucket.com_albums_g333_wiredhdh_37.jpg

They are nice looking switches. Way to much for me to spend on a switch

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.