Pictures FlashBall FBF Original Version

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I latched on to my 2nd FlashBall in as many months. Definitely the original version with a readable tag and the black plastic bulb holder. When I have it in hand I'll post pictures.

Danai684.photobucket.com_albums_vv204_dmathieu51_S6301002.jpg

ai684.photobucket.com_albums_vv204_dmathieu51_S6301001.jpg

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Theres no point in us both bidding !!! Ill buy the next one and then its your turn !!

If we pool our flashballs and fireballs we could make a new Vector Teardrop bar !!

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Believe it or not, I did that with some Fireballs back in the late 70s when I was with a local ambulance service. All of the EMTs had Fireballs in our POVs to respond if we were closer to a code call than the ambulance. Some of us were goofing off around the office one afternoon and decided to use our personal lights to test a different type of setup and we spaced about 6 of them equally apart on a Visibar crossbar between the model 11s on the ends. They weren't in a V shape but it had the same basic effect as a Vector and it was really unique and different.

One of our Twinsonics quit one day, and we remembered how good the Fireballs looked in our experiment, so we used a couple of Fireballs in the space in front of the model 12s full cascade mirrors of the bar to retain a warning signal to run calls until we could replace or repair the bar. However, after seeing how effective those Fireballs were with the mirrors, we removed and replaced the sealed beams with a Fireball on each end. We got lots of favorable comments, because open face reflectors were not in use just yet in lightbars, but Aerodynics were just about to hit the market.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
03crownvic said:
One of our Twinsonics quit one day, and we remembered how good the Fireballs looked in our experiment, so we used a couple of Fireballs in the space in front of the model 12s full cascade mirrors of the bar to retain a warning signal to run calls until we could replace or repair the bar. However, after seeing how effective those Fireballs were with the mirrors, we removed and replaced the sealed beams with a Fireball on each end. We got lots of favorable comments, because open face reflectors were not in use just yet in lightbars, but Aerodynics were just about to hit the market.

Love it.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
A good part of the fun of this hobby is the experimentation. I remember making a mirror setup for a dash mounted FireBall back in the late 60s, before there was such a thing on the market. Around the same time, I also altered a H1 55 watt halogen bulb to fit in a Whelen Corporal, before bayonet base halogens were out.

Dan

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Experimentation is definitely fun, especially when it unexpectedly works. We tried using the single face reflective mirrors from an Aerodynic bulkhead as a multiflash setup for an original Fireball, after seeing them on a Fireball II, and they worked out great :) I've also used a pair of Code 3 oscillators in a Whelen Responder mini bar with a red/blue split dome (another homebrew creation) on a rear deck. I've also done a few more but those are some of the more unique ones that worked out.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
They look in size, color ald shape, like the old tung sol 537 3 prong flashers. They are marked with sticker with the Federal Sign And Signal name. The sticker also has the name of the flasher as Siren Light Flasher.

Dan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.