Pittsburgh FF sue over hearing loss.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
"knew or should have known the products ... were inherently dangerous, defective and hazardous to human hearing."

Shouldn't the firefighters have known the products were hazardous to human hearing?! Put some ear protection on and roll up the windows. Common sense goes a long way.

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
And why they shouldn't get any money

You saw the warning stickers...you chose to fail to obey them...

The only thing I don't get is how emergency services can use hearing protection? Wouldn't that prevent you from hearing the radio?

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
vc859 said:
And why they shouldn't get any money

You saw the warning stickers...you chose to fail to obey them...

The only thing I don't get is how emergency services can use hearing protection? Wouldn't that prevent you from hearing the radio?

Hope you ment that as a joke. Headsets, Firecom, Davis-Clark, colbalt just a couple off the top of my head.

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Maybe I should sue for all the sirens, AND the repeated gunshots I experience at the range, AND, the EMS supervisor yelling over the radio to clear the hospital, AND, ad nauseum.

Buncha woosies!!

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
wema628 said:
Hope you ment that as a joke. Headsets, Firecom, Davis-Clark, colbalt just a couple off the top of my head.

Maybe for Fire/EMS

what about police officers? They can't wear headsets, because then they can't hear outside noises like people screaming for help, gunshots, glass breaking etc...and they also have to be able to jump out of their cars at a moments notice

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
Phillyrube said:
Maybe I should sue for all the sirens, AND the repeated gunshots I experience at the range, AND, the EMS supervisor yelling over the radio to clear the hospital, AND, ad nauseum.

Buncha woosies!!

I thought most police officers wore hearing protection at the range? Also I know some carry ear plugs for planned weapons discharges on duty (ie. putting deer down)

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
It could be due to the fact that EVOC instructors in PA often tell drivers that they must drive with the window cracked to hear other sirens.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
These are the jackwagons that give the rest of us a bad name.

Last edited by a moderator:

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
vc859 said:
Maybe for Fire/EMS

what about police officers? They can't wear headsets, because then they can't hear outside noises like people screaming for help, gunshots, glass breaking etc...and they also have to be able to jump out of their cars at a moments notice

You can't hear outside noises like people screaming for help, gunshots, glass breaking ect ect ect with a siren running anyhow. Just saying we all know a siren is loud. Just roll up the window or put in ear plugs.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Oh snap! I need to find me a shyster and sure Pioneer and Sony for hearing loss seeing how I used their headphones as a DJ.

Maybe I should sue McDonalds over their hot coffee being hot...oh wait, someone did that all ready.

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
HILO said:
Oh snap! I need to find me a shyster and sure Pioneer and Sony for hearing loss seeing how I used their headphones as a DJ.

Maybe I should sue McDonalds over their hot coffee being hot...oh wait, someone did that all ready.

I posted this up on the Harley forums, a bunch of us are going to sue Harley, Vance and Hines, Thunderheaders, Bassani, and all those other manufacturers that have wrecked the little hearing I have left after navy jet engines, sirens, pistol range, etc......

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Phillyrube said:
I posted this up on the Harley forums, a bunch of us are going to sue Harley, Vance and Hines, Thunderheaders, Bassani, and all those other manufacturers that have wrecked the little hearing I have left after navy jet engines, sirens, pistol range, etc......

ooh...I have Vance Hines Cruizers! I suppose I'd have to lose my 'Loud Pipes Save Lives' patch first.... :hopeless:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Welp, I guess Fed Sig gonna have to just plaster all their sirens and speakers with stickers that say "This product can cause hearing damage, wear ear protection" etc etc. No more painting siren consoles or speakers so that they look nice. No more chroming Federal Qs to stand out and look honorable. No, screw that mess! Just put those friggin' stickers all over them on final assembly and inspection. You can't use one, you've got to cover the entire product with them. No one will be able to miss it then! That'll solve the problem! :hahano:

AAAAUUUUUGGGHHH.....

To those that can hack the blaring sirens, intense heat of raging fires and choking smoke, and the emotional roller-coasters that you encounter with victims of accidents and fires, my hat's off to y'all :tiphat: . You are the real firefighters.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go sue Fender now for making such loud guitar amplifiers, then I'll go sue each maker of each guitar I own for contributing to my "hearing loss."

"Dear, butt-faces......":weird: :bonk: :crazy: :duh:

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
EMT-BLS said:
I'd imagine you'd have to sue the manufacturers....do you have the mailing address for your wife's uterus?

For his sake, hopefully it's the same as his own home address.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
irsa76 said:
Does this mean I can sue my kids for the constant screaming causing my hearing loss?

I'm more concerned about the grey hair they've given me. At least with the hearing loss, I can use that excuse when the wife is talking. ;) :thumbsup: :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.