Place lightbarcollection in small hallway?

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
Hi!

When I soon move in to my new house I have decided to place my lightbarcollection in i far away small hallway. 

The hallway is only about 5ft wide and 16ft long.

Anyone else here has got their collection in a hallway?

When turning on the lightbars you are quite close the lights, how will this look?

I guess your eyes can become somewhat sick when you turn on a Whelen edge strobebar and stand only 5ft away from it...

Any toughts/suggestions?

Best regards

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Uhhhh...  I don't really think a narrow hallway is a great place to display things, especially things that stick out from the wall.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
The problem I see with the hallway is that sooner or later, someone will bounce onto a light/lightbar or damage it when passing by, moving grocery, sweeping the floor and whatnot. I'd hate to see something bad happens...

Reactions: stansdds

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
The problem I see with the hallway is that sooner or later, someone will bounce onto a light/lightbar or damage it when passing by, moving grocery, sweeping the floor and whatnot. I'd hate to see something bad happens...
The hallway is at the far right side of the house,  almost no one will use it exect me. But like you said, accidents can happend...

But then again the house is quite small and I don´t want to place the lightbars in any of the rooms.

Well, let´s see what it will look like when I place the bars there.

I just seem to remember that I have seen some photos of lightbars in a hallway here on the board...

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
The hallway is at the far right side of the house,  almost no one will use it exect me. But like you said, accidents can happend...

But then again the house is quite small and I don´t want to place the lightbars in any of the rooms.

Well, let´s see what it will look like when I place the bars there.

I just seem to remember that I have seen some photos of lightbars in a hallway here on the board...
When I purchased my house, I made sure I had at least one room for my displays. 

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The problem I see with the hallway is that sooner or later, someone will bounce onto a light/lightbar or damage it
Or someone will get damaged by bouncing onto a light or lightbar.   People can get clumsy and injure themselves.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
When my lights were in a similar situation, I tried to put a key beacon at the end of the hall, to be viewed at a distance.  As far as the others, a narrow hall will lend it's self to viewing the internals of lights more.  Put things you want to show of rotator / internal design at eye level. 

The nice thing was, as soon as people hit their elbows on them, my lights got a better room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ERIC6913

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Unless you are really tall, you won't bump into them if they are attached to the ceiling.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.