Pleasant Grove (UT) Pierce Tiller Demo

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
That is such a sweet looking truck… What a shame that it is WAY out of the financial ballpark of most fire departments' budgets

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
That thing likely cost as much as every piece of apparatus in my firehouse.

I would like to hear the intercom between the driver and the tillerman during some of those manuevers. "You're gonna do WHAT?!?"

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I was suprised to see the one-eleven mirrors on this rig; I haven't seem them in velocity chassis rigs since the velocity was first introduced. Anyone from that area (or with a pierce tiller in their area) have an idea of the cost? I'm guessing $1.75/2 mil but I'd like to hear some benchmark prices of other newer tillers that you guys may have encountered

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
pdk9 said:
I was suprised to see the one-eleven mirrors on this rig; I haven't seem them in velocity chassis rigs since the velocity was first introduced.

Fairfax County, VA has purchased the 111 mirrors for many years, although they're going away from them. Prince William County, VA; Norman, OK; Milwaukee, WI; and Brookville, PA have also taken delivery of apparatus with the 111's. They're not terribly popular, and they're only available on the Velocity and Impel chassis, so they're not seen quite as widely as West Coast mirrors or bus mirrors.

Anyone from that area (or with a pierce tiller in their area) have an idea of the cost? I'm guessing $1.75/2 mil but I'd like to hear some benchmark prices of other newer tillers that you guys may have encountered

I didn't see anything on the rig that would push it over the $1.4M mark, even with the dual-axle tractor on the pump and tank. A tiller like seen in the video wouldn't be all that more expensive than a heavily-optioned rear mount tower-ladder from Pierce.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
pdk9 said:
That is such a sweet looking truck… What a shame that it is WAY out of the financial ballpark of most fire departments' budgets

Looks like a combination ladder/pumper/rescue unit.

The paint scheme looks very Chicago.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.