Plow minibar or beacon?

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Anyone have any ideas of a minibar or beacon that will allow me to have blue/amber, but also has the option to either steady burn or cut the blue when required?

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
im not sure your location in ontario, but ive noticed down south people still use blue. which is now illegal unless on municipal and municipal contracted like myself. the snm is a great choice though. star svp has a similar in led beacon.

one of my trucks runs a amber|blue|amber turbo beam. blue center rotator on a switch. i still refusd led for winter use. my loader has a target tech 651 in blue and svp 9200s in amber.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
NERT11 said:
Like it was made to be. Thanks fellas! Good quality gear?

Yes. They use the same E6 modules that are sold as standalone surface mount units or in his E66 lightsticks. To this day, I have not personally heard anything but positive feedback about Louis and his products.

SNM products are also SAE rated, which is a must for any warning light that I will use or recommend to a friend.

Andy L. said:
There is the Whelen DUO Responder as well. Has ability to do blue and amber, or each independently plus sync and low power mode.

Product sheet:

http://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/ProductSheets/Lightbars/Responder_LP_Series.pdf

Install Guide:

http://www.whelen.com/install/144/14424.pdf

I'm sure they provide solid output, but they're also over 3x the price of the SNM duo mini bar

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
Whelen L31 Split 360 Amber/Blue (over/under) ****Not advertised on Whelen's website, but easily accessible via any authorized Whelen dealer.

Day time video: City Prepares for Blizzard - January 11, 2013 - Winnipeg, Manitoba

Night time video: Remembrance Day Snow - November 11, 2012 - Winnipeg, Manitoba

City of Winnipeg is making them standard equipment on pretty much the majority of Plow/Salt/Sander combos. Independent control over each colour, you can also choose to alternate the two colours or run them simultaneously (not advised).

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Richard P said:
im not sure your location in ontario, but ive noticed down south people still use blue. which is now illegal unless on municipal and municipal contracted like myself. the snm is a great choice though. star svp has a similar in led beacon.
one of my trucks runs a amber|blue|amber turbo beam. blue center rotator on a switch. i still refusd led for winter use. my loader has a target tech 651 in blue and svp 9200s in amber.

That is very true. It is illegal for a private snow plow to use flashing blue lights while on a highway or roadway. It is legal however to use blue while plowing on private property. This is why I was looking to have the option to either cut the blue, or have it steady burn. It's just illegal to have "intermittent flashes of blue light".

Thank you for the heads up though, I really do appreciate you taking the time to make sure I don't get busted.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
h

NERT11 said:
That is very true. It is illegal for a private snow plow to use flashing blue lights while on a highway or roadway. It is legal however to use blue while plowing on private property. This is why I was looking to have the option to either cut the blue, or have it steady burn. It's just illegal to have "intermittent flashes of blue light".

Thank you for the heads up though, I really do appreciate you taking the time to make sure I don't get busted.

im not sure how officers are down south, theyre pretty good up here. only had one issue when an officer pulled me over for running a yellow traffic light and forced me to remove my blue beacon and i told him im a municipal contractor, i have to. i didnt remove it so he went and also gave me a ticket for my front plaate being crooked because one tiewrap broke on the grill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.