Pontiac G6 Help

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Hello everyone, I'm new here, I'm a Firefighter/EMT in Southeast Missouri. I've been searching for any information on installing a siren in a Pontiac G6. I'm sure someone out there has done this, and my question is where did you mount the speaker, and did it require any special brackets or modifications? Thanks in advance for any help.

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
First off welcome!

There are many creative minds on here that can help you out. Is there any way you can provide us with some pictures of the grille and area for the speaker to be installed?

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Okay, took a few pictures, although they are not as good as I'd like. The car has an upper and lower grille, so worst case scenario I can mount it inside the grille on the bumper.

Speaker is a CPI Compak 4020

Question that was brought up by someone else.. Am I going to obstruct airflow to my radiator too much by installing inside the grille? And will it pick up too much dirt and debris if mounted in the lower grille ( behind the license plate )

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r155_trainman6944_DSC01936.jpg

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r155_trainman6944_DSC01935.jpg

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r155_trainman6944_DSC01939.jpg

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r155_trainman6944_DSC01944.jpg

Thanks

DJLeaven32

Jan 10, 2011
Mass
I put my siren speaking in my lower grill area and from what i have noticed is there has been no issue regarding the road debris, unless you count pulling too far into a snow bank.

Even though i have a different car i dont think u should have a problem if you decide to mount it there

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
DJLeaven32 said:
I put my siren speaking in my lower grill area and from what i have noticed is there has been no issue regarding the road debris, unless you count pulling too far into a snow bank.
Even though i have a different car i dont think u should have a problem if you decide to mount it there

+1

I have my siren speaker mounted in the lower grill area and have had no issues with it. Whatever best fits your application and maximizes the optimal output would definitely be my choice. Be sure to keep us posted on what you decide and pics of the finished product!

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Thanks for the input. I will look it over a little better once I get everything in, and have a better idea what I'm working with. I'll update when progress is made. Thanks again.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
The easiest thing to do would be to take the front bumper off and see what kind of space you have to work with...

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
TritonBoulder47 said:
The easiest thing to do would be to take the front bumper off and see what kind of space you have to work with...

That would be your best bet. From the way it looks you don't have a whole lot of space in the grille. You might, but to mount it you'll probably end up taking the grille off and then mounting it. If you do mount it behind the license plate you can put panty hose over it and that will block out a bunch of it. With all the snow we've gotten lately in MO the panty hose has worked great for me, IMO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.