Pop-in, or flange style HAW strobe tubes?

FFRNDAN

May 23, 2010
Malvern, OH
Which do you prefer? pros, cons of each? I have a few of the pop-in style, but wondering if I should switch to flange style when these burn out.

Also, how are the amber colored tubes? I'm thinking about putting a pair in my clear tail lights.

Or I may just say heck with it, sell it all and go LED, but I like the "pop" and brightness of strobes, with low cost.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
It's really a preference thing... And the Amber HAWs are the only color HAW that give a true color... Red and blue ones don't really show up as red or blue...

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
Pop-in. Installation is very easy. I fill the recessed ring in the rubber with silicone to ensure a watertight seal upon installation. I've had the same eight strobe tubes in my trucklet for nearly five years without a leak.

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
firemedic10584 said:
I don't want to break any forum rules or anything by giving credit/refer a company on some threads, but again I have to refer CPS Authorities LED hideaways...at 45$ a light you just cant beat it...the light output is amazingly bright. I have 2 in red and 2 in white and could not be happier!!

He said strobes. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine used to have amber strobes in his volvo. During the day they looked sort of white, but at night you could really see the amber flash off them.

FFRNDAN

May 23, 2010
Malvern, OH
SireLite said:
He said strobes. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine used to have amber strobes in his volvo. During the day they looked sort of white, but at night you could really see the amber flash off them.

Well, I'm open to options at this point. space is a big concern right now, and I'm trying to find a waterproof strobe PS. I looked at the CPS LED HAWs, but I'm just still reluctant to buy LED, as I'm not 100% convinced they have the same warning power as a strobe.

That said, if I stick with strobe, I'll probably stay with the pop-in style, and find some amber tubes for the tail lights.

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
FFRNDAN` said:
Well, I'm open to options at this point. space is a big concern right now, and I'm trying to find a waterproof strobe PS. I looked at the CPS LED HAWs, but I'm just still reluctant to buy LED, as I'm not 100% convinced they have the same warning power as a strobe.

That said, if I stick with strobe, I'll probably stay with the pop-in style, and find some amber tubes for the tail lights.

I agree. There's nothing like the pop of a front corner strobe. I do like colored LED hide-a-ways in reverse lights though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.