Post Mount Unity Spotlight help 2010 Expedition

scubapd17

Dec 1, 2011
South Louisiana
Trying to mount a unity spotlight on the post / Pillar of a 2010 Ford Expedition. Drivers side. Does not seen to be enough room for install without some serious modifications. Anyone install one or point me in the right direction?

:bonk:

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Do you have the right spot light and mounting kit? I have never had any problems with Unity kits as long as you have the specific mounting and installation kit.

scubapd17

Dec 1, 2011
South Louisiana
MPD 818 said:
Do you have the right spot light and mounting kit? I have never had any problems with Unity kits as long as you have the specific mounting and installation kit.

Yes I do, but the post is minimal at best and is rigid surface.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
scubapd17 said:
No, the installer discarded it when he mounted it to the drivers door.

Mounted what to the door? The spot light? All Expedition spot lights I have seen mount to the A post not the door. Your best bet would be to contact Unity (or any authorized dealer) and get the right instructions and installation kit. IIRC you will have to notch out the door to fit around the spot light post.

Last edited by a moderator:

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
My guess is its an "inside post" mount, meaning the main mounting bracket mounts on interior side of the post, not on the outside like a lot of them. You need to contact Unity and they will get you the instructions for that particular mounting kit. You dont want to try and do it blindly. Be patient and get the templates you need. Not worth screwing something up. Because when installing those spotlights, you only have one chance to get it right.

Here is the inside post mounting instructions for you to review, if that is indeed how it mounts. I dont know for sure. I couldnt find the instructions for the mounting kit you need.

http://shop.unityusa.com/assets/images/4392REVGINSIDEPOSTSPOTLIGHTINSTALLATIONINSTRUCTIONS.pdf

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
twodogs603 said:
My guess is its an "inside post" mount, meaning the main mounting bracket mounts on interior side of the post, not on the outside like a lot of them. You need to contact Unity and they will get you the instructions for that particular mounting kit. You dont want to try and do it blindly. Be patient and get the templates you need. Not worth screwing something up. Because when installing those spotlights, you only have one chance to get it right.

Here is the inside post mounting instructions for you to review, if that is indeed how it mounts. I dont know for sure. I couldnt find the instructions for the mounting kit you need.

http://shop.unityusa.com/assets/images/4392REVGINSIDEPOSTSPOTLIGHTINSTALLATIONINSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Yeah just see if they can fax or email you the vehicle specific instructions. I know it is a model # 240 mounting kit for the 2010 Expedition.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.