power????

ffemtjoe

Feb 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
hey guys quick question iam new to this site and emergency lighting i was wondering if i run a power wire from the battery to my console and then branch it off to a switch box siren box and motorolla radio can i do that so i wont have to run a sperrate power wire for each thing... if so how???? thanks alot

Yes, you can, particularly if you have a mid-power mobile two-way radio (< 50 watts) .

But most radio manufacturers specify you run a separately-fused circuit from the battery to the radio for a high power mobile, and a separate circuit usually means that radio interference from lights or other devices is less likely.

Several ELB members sell switch boxes, and you need to determine how many devices or branch circuits you may need and the amperage that will be fused for each circuit.

This is where the junction block comes into play... Run power wire from battery to Junction block- and then branch off the junction block(that is FUSED CORRECTLY!!!) to your various equipment. Resetable breaker at the battery.

Judging by your question, I get the impression that your knowledge is very limited on electrical theory and such. I strongly advise you to take your time and look at all of the member's postings and comments in various threads. What you're asking is hours and hours of instructions. If time is a factor or if you are wise with your limitations, hire a professional.

localhero800 said:
This is where the junction block comes into play... Run power wire from battery to Junction block- and then branch off the junction block(that is FUSED CORRECTLY!!!) to your various equipment. Resetable breaker at the battery.

thanks .. dos it gt fusd from th wire to the juncion block or from the junction block to the units

ffemtjoe said:
thanks .. dos it gt fusd from th wire to the juncion block or from the junction block to the units

You put a resettable breaker between the battery and the block. The block will have fuses for each circuit that you run from it to the units. Some units also have built-in fuses as well.

This should go without saying, but put the block in a place where it is somewhat accessable, same for equipment with built-in fuses.

bfd740 said:
You put a resettable breaker between the battery and the block. The block will have fuses for each circuit that you run from it to the units. Some units also have built-in fuses as well.

This should go without saying, but put the block in a place where it is somewhat accessable, same for equipment with built-in fuses.

what breaker, and block would you recommend getting ?

thanks for your feedback

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381